Sunday Bullets 4/30

STZ

• The Wolves have been solid. We redeemed ourselves after a tough start to the season to be comfortably sitting in a Wild Card spot. Impressive mid season adjustments by management. Very proud of the group for staying positive and sticking with things while times were tough. I think we are going to be a scary wild card team.
  • I can’t post this without mentioning the huge win for the Toronto Maple Leafs last night. I’ve been a fan nearly my entire life. I’ve seen them have success in playoffs, but that was in grade school. Through thick and thin I’ve followed this team. Pretty special night last night to see them get over the 19 year drought of first round exits. Obviously there’s a long way to go for them, but as a fan that has watched them flutter out year after year - this was nice.
  • Theme week was fun. I did a graphic on Bratislava, a VHLM team I was GM for when they expanded with Yukon. It was a very special time - it was fun looking back at some of the rosters we had. I remember coming up with the Watchmen name and cookout scheme from the Sherbrooke Phoenix of the QMJHL. It’s always nice when the theme week hits in the nostalgia bone.

I think it has been easy to stay positive when you have come off back to back really strong season and this season while being more difficult then expected was expected to be tougher. So even if we bow out early we know we have a very strong roster next season so will bounce back. Add in the fact that we have been play close tight game and starting to get the bounces now means I agree we are going to be a scary team come play-offs as we are building towards the play-offs in a positive manner as expected; sort of!!

The future looks bright for the next few season in Vancouver and yes, Frank has done a great job massaging the roster.