Marlins S88 Review

Sjin

Starting the Season Marlins only had 2 players on the roster @McGriddy10 who later became our AGM and none other than Goat @fonziGG as we didn't have many picks from selling our future assets for success in S86 and S87 where we were able to successfully win our first Founder's Cup for the franchise.

I then later returned to the squad from free agency. We were then able to add 3 more players to the roster through waivers who proved to extremely valuable assets as the season played out that included @Fradin99@Will3 and @Marty B all doing fantastic jobs earning TPE as the season progressed. Fradin will now pass the VHLM without even being drafted and the same may also be true for Scuba showing how committed they both were to earning! Throughout the season we then added a couple more waiver claims including @Keegan Gamble, @Elvis and @Imthereforyou who were also integral to the success of the team, especially Keegan Gamble who was a great locker room guy. Additionally adding @CoolLuigiBro14 to our forward group rounding us off with 6 forwards. This team proved deadly where by the trade deadline we were sitting in close contention for the Prime Minister's cup with Mexico City Kings and Mississauga Hounds who were leaps and bounds ahead of the competition. We were able to make 2 more additions to after the trade deadline including @jhatty8 and @Moon who were also very important rounding out the regular season and going into the post season.

Whilst we unfortunately fell short this season unable to win any hardware losing to Mexico City King in game 6 and being eliminated from the post season. We need to acknowledge the great success this team has had despite it's humble beginnings at the start of the season everyone, even myself expected the team to be rebuilding but against all odds we put together a true cup contending team! So we have to thank @Arce and @McGriddy10 for their fantastic job in managing the team this season making some fantastic signings and keeping the team competitive when everyone else though it was impossible. 

It was a truly incredible season the locker room was always electric and a great atmosphere to be a part of I'll be a shame to see all these fantastic team mates move on to different leagues and new teams, hopefully we're able to bring as many of them back as possible and keep this amazing atmosphere in San Diego! I look forward for what the future holds for the San Diego Marlins there's definitely a lot more to come from this team!