A Full Circle Goalie Matchup

:sea:

Seattle -- This year's North American Conference finals between Seattle and Calgary is interesting enough on its face: Two teams with a long history and a lot of success facing off to stake a claim as the team to beat in the conference. But there's another reason why this matchup is interesting in the two teams' goalies.

Xavier Booberry and Oskar Lindbergh @Doomsday have been linked since the beginning of their careers. Both were top five picks in the vaunted Season 80 Draft, both were members of the inaugural VHLE championship team in Vasteras, and both have fought for multiple awards and accolades throughout their careers.

Now, as both players are set to retire, it will be one knocking the other out for the final time. And Booberry is quick to note that Lindbergh has something he doesn't: a VHL title, won against the Davos squad Booberry played for last season.

"I'm happy with how my career's gone, but I wouldn't say I'm satisfied without that title," Booberry said. "I'm happy for him that he's got one, but I feel like it's my time."

Both players have been hot throughout the playoffs, with Booberry's strong .945 save percentage outpaced by Lindbergh's scorching hot .961 save percentage mark. But with the series 1-1, Booberry thinks Seattle still could have enough firepower to pull out the series.

"He's strong, I'll give him that. But I've faced off against strong goalies before," Booberry added. "A career leads to this, a test of skills on the biggest stage. It really is now or never."