Castle re-signs with Toronto

animal74

gLTWi4z.png

Earlier this week, the Toronto Legion held a press conference to officially announce that goaltender Joel Castle has resigned with the team for four more years (last year player option). The Canadian netminder has been the Legion’s starter the last two seasons after being selected 13th overall in the S86 Draft. Although on paper Toronto barely improved last season, Castle’s numbers did get better as his SV% improved from 0.915 to 0.922 and his GAA decreased (3.09 to 2.93), albeit that did not translate into more wins.

When asked why he stayed with the Legion instead of testing the free agent market:

“We’re a work in progress, for sure.” said Castle with Toronto GM Nils Godlander @Moon at his side. “We know we have a ways to go but we are working hard and we feel that our core players are on a similar trajectory and the wins will come. We are growing together, learning together, fighting together and going through the experiences necessary to get us to the next level. I really enjoy the group we have here and we believe in each other. I believe we can bring a Continental Cup back to Toronto in the future and I want to be the one stopping the pucks to get there.”