Around the League

Scurvy

For this week Around the League in 500 words I want everyone to know one thing.  @Thunder put it best in his post this week.  It gets so hard to write an article each week that people want to read and that you enjoy writing.  The off season even makes it tougher to find topics that someone might click on. I figure nobody reads this anyway and probably only read what is said about the players I ping to an article.  That’s fine, I totally get it.   It does make it hard some weeks to earn my precious TPE but I forge on.  For my next build, I plan to try podcasting even though I will probably be shit.

Bo Johanson

Well, it’s been a long time since we’ve been graced with the presence of such a great VHL contributor, @Shindigs.  A TPE earning machine his goal to #1 in the S82 draft.  A feat he would have easily accomplished.  Such a great ambassador of the VHL and a truly great defenseman. So great, that even now as an inactive player we still se BoJO in the top 2 in assists for Defensive players. 10 goals 73 assists for 83 points this season.  Overall, BOJO has 516 points in 432 games, 888 SB, and 47 PPG.  Such a tragedy that Shindigs just disappeared one day.  I truly hope everything is ok in his life away from SIM hockey.  Wish him all the best! And As always Payne thanks you.  

RECENT TRADES
Had I not been surfing around I would have missed a bunch of trades in the last few days.  Seattle seems to be trending hot to win now with the addition of goalie, Cole Pearce from Warsaw for a 1st round pick.  Pearce is a high earning goalie who will fit in nice with an great Seattle club.  

Seattle also added G Ilya Brysgalov, D- Rex Wolffe Gregor for Ash Sparks and a bunch of draft picks.  And added stud Dman Scoish Velociraptor Maloish from LA for a 3rd rounder.  

Seattle just missed hoisting the Continental Cup this season and it looks like there going for it again. 

WARSAW

The beauty of the VHL is the parody among clubs.  It seems like just yesterday I was hoisting the Continental Cup with the Preds and then this season we didn’t make the playoffs.  It stings!  The Preds look to be in a re-build after the retirements of Brendan Marner and Zach Kisslinger and the recent trade of goalie Cole Pearce.  

The club has some returning veterans in Girts “the silent assassin” Galvins @Girts, Johnny Xavier @Johnny_HX, Biggie Cheese @a_Ferk, and Brian Payne.  With some upcoming talent in Tim Riggins @Jayhawk and Tom Creeg @Creegan610 up front they look to make some additions long term through the draft, free agency, and/or trades, I’m sure.  

We have our work cut out for this season but the Preds are used to being underestimated. It’s a really good group of people (albeit quiet in Discord lately) so I am excited to see some younger guys step up this season.