Saskatoon Wild Press Conference

Viper

Saskatoon Wild Season Opening Press Conference

Welcome to the start of S93! With training camp winding down, it is time to meet with the media ahead of the start of the regular season! Here are your questions for this week:

1. Are you pleased with which pick number you were taken in the draft?

2. What goals do you have for your player this upcoming season?

3. What is the best snack food to go with a movie?

4. If you were making a locker room pump up playlist, what song would be the first added?

5. Which of your new teammates are you looking forward to playing with most this season?

6. What is your most commonly used emoji? 😜

15 minutes ago, dstevensonjr said:

Yep, went first which was suprising but very happy to be in Vancouver

To be a good teammate, earn max TPE, and have fun with a good club

Popcorn .... and twizzlers

4. If you were making a locker room pump up playlist, what song would be the first added?

Godsmack- Take it to the Edge

5. Which of your new teammates are you looking forward to playing with most this season?

Riley Martin and Guntis Gavrilovs 

😂

Thanks for letting me crash your PC     Best of luck y'all 

Absolutely.  Got selected at a good time and to a good team.  Looking forward to the season

Build up defense and support with passing, puck handling, and if need be fighting.

Popcorn with plenty of salt and butter, non-parallels, mike & Ike’s, fruity good and plenty

Tres veces Mojado (live version) and then go out for chili relleno burritos

Laslo Holmes 

💩

9 hours ago, dstevensonjr said:

Welcome to the start of S93! With training camp winding down, it is time to meet with the media ahead of the start of the regular season! Here are your questions for this week:

Yes! I wasn't expecting to get picked as high as I did, so I'm very thrilled by my draft number.

To do better than how he did last season, I was a little disappointed but with a reroll and redoing of my TPA and attributes I'm hoping this season goes better and that my player can help the Saskatoon Wild win that cup!

Popcorn 10/10, classic but it's tasty and can last the whole movie depending on how much you get.

Maybe; Panic! At The Disco - Say It Louder. ik it always gets me hyped.

I have yet to chat with any of them, but I'm sure they're all awesome. I'd say I'm excited to play with all of them this season!

This one! 🤪 

On 3/18/2024 at 1:00 PM, dstevensonjr said:

1. Yes, cause I was drafted LOL

2. To build on what has already been established...To be the best!

3. Butter popcorn, of course.

4. Pump up the Jam, preferably Smuckers.

5. I am brand new so I haven't met anyone yet.

6. Fire, of course.

On 3/18/2024 at 1:00 PM, dstevensonjr said:

1. i have no idea where i was picked

2. score a goal lol

3. Brisk and cheddar cheese

4. The bottom 2 by glorb

5. Oliver loo ig, idk whos good

6. image.png.29f84e10ccbecc141a7d27220d2ad246.png

Edited by KRug

I'm very happy where we picked all our players 

Win the ship with the legion! 

Popcorn is on top

Till i collapse - Eminem is first thing that came to mind 

Not Harry Callahan that's for sure 

6. What is your most commonly used emoji?
 🤡

Saskatoon Wild Press Conference - Week Ending March 31

We're now 12 games into the regular season, and a new week means new questions from the media to answer!

Here are your questions for this week:

1. How are you feeling about the team after the 9-3-0 start?

2. If you could take one player from the NHL and put them on our team right now, who would it be and why?

3. What is your go to drink when you're relaxing?

4. Are you pleased with your player's first dozen games?

5. What team do you think looks like the biggest threat to us early on?

6. Is the playoff field in the NHL set, or do you think that someone is going to sneak in with only a few weeks left?

1. Feeling pretty good about it I just signed last night so haven't been able to help yet but tomorrow we are going for 2 more wins!

2. Matthews 100 percent. That goal scoring ability is insane.

3. Mountain dew Baja blast

4. Haven't played a game yet.

5. I'm not sure but last game we weren't able to score on the aces and if that happens more then they might be the team

6. The east might shift around but the west is set.

Cant complain.  The team is strong.  We have some good goal scorers and the goalies are incredible.

2. If you could take one player from the NHL and put them on our team right now, who would it be and why?

Radko Gudas because we’d be teammates!!

H2O

My player would like to be contributing with more blocked shots and more hits.  It’d also be nice to have a fight or two under his belt.

Cant think of any.  We have held our own every game.  I dont see anyone getting in our way.

6. Is the playoff field in the NHL set, or do you think that someone is going to sneak in with only a few weeks left?

I know the Sharks arent getting in.  As long as the Penguins stay out too, I’m happy.  Otherwise I dont care.  Boston better not disappoint though

2 hours ago, dstevensonjr said:

We're now 12 games into the regular season, and a new week means new questions from the media to answer!

1. Feels amazing! I'm confident our team can make it to the playoffs, especially if we keep winning like this.

2. Maybe a player like Drew Doughty or Patrick Kane, that veteran presence coming from someone who's won a cup or more? I'd listen well.

3. Def something hot like hot chocolate or a green tea, I find that they're cozy.

4. Yes! I am very pleased, he's doing twice as good as he did last season.

5. The Aces, they didn't give us any wiggle room in that last game.

6. The bottom few teams in the top 8 of each conference feel like they still have time to change, everyone's getting more desperate for one of those playoff spots. If anyones going to sneak in I think it's going to be the Red Wings.

3 hours ago, dstevensonjr said:

1. Im feeling great our whole team has been producing and its looking like a strong season to come

2. Nathan Mackinnon, guys a beast

3. A cold Sprite

4. Very pleased, im more than a point per game and looking solid defensively

5. I would say the Aces

6. I think Detroit and Washington are interchangeable for the final wild card spot in the east

Saskatoon Wild Press Conference - Week Ending April 7

A new week, and new questions from the media to answer!

1. Following our 9-3-0 start, we're just 7-7-1 since, giving us a 16-10-1 record. What do we need to do to get back to playing the way that we were at the start of the season? 

2. Are you a fan of April Fools Day jokes/pranks?

3. Our goalies are both in the top 8 in goals against average and save percentage. Would you stick with a full rotation where they each play every other game, or do you think somebody needs to get the net for a long run?

4. What TV show are you currently watching?

5. Leo Neelson III will be tied for the most games played in Saskatoon history at the end of the season. What should the team be doing to acknowledge that incredible feat?

6. Would you change the NHL's current overtime rules of 5 minutes of 3-on-3 followed by a shootout?

1. Following our 9-3-0 start, we're just 7-7-1 since, giving us a 16-10-1 record. What do we need to do to get back to playing the way that we were at the start of the season? 

shoot more, score more, and dont let the other team score as much!

Its all in good fun, sometimes!  I dish things out so gotta take it too.

3. Our goalies are both in the top 8 in goals against average and save percentage. Would you stick with a full rotation where they each play every other game, or do you think somebody needs to get the net for a long run?

That’s up to the GM.  We have two really good goalies.  Works for the Bruins

Beverly Hillbillies

5. Leo Neelson III will be tied for the most games played in Saskatoon history at the end of the season. What should the team be doing to acknowledge that incredible feat?

Pizza party

6. Would you change the NHL's current overtime rules of 5 minutes of 3-on-3 followed by a shootout?

well…. My wife hates shootouts.  She gets so nervous.  So that being said, I like the way it is right now.

1. Well I feel like the games are very close so maybe more scoring.

2. Sometimes. If they get to out of hand then no but most of the time they are awesome

3. Keep it rotating until one goalie pulls ahead in stats

4. Brooklyn 99

5. Whole team celebration for them

6. No way it's nerve wracking and awesome 

2 hours ago, dstevensonjr said:

1. Gotta put the puck in the net, everyone is on a little cold streak

2. The harmless ones are all fun

3.Both have been good so I would keep the tandem for now

4. Not a TV show but I just watched the Gran Turismo movie, was really good

5. Pool Party

6. 10 minutes of OT, shootout after. I enjoy the shootout but more overtime is better

8 hours ago, dstevensonjr said:

1. More goals, less penalties. It seems that whichever games we have a lot of penalties in are the ones we struggle in.

2. Yes! There's always good fun with April Fool's pranks.

3. We have two amazing Goalies, I think what we're doing with them right now is working so misewell keep it as is.

4. Chicago PD & Fire episodes as they come out, I'm thinking of getting into Chicago Med after I catch up with PD.

5. Team celebration, party or otherwise focusing on him ofc.

6. Noppers, I like the intensity it adds and the pressure it puts in overtime.

Saskatoon Wild Press Conference - Week Ending April 14

1. The trade deadline is approaching next week, what area of the roster do we need to add to, or do we need to stay the course with the current group?

2. Who has been the MVP of the season so far for our team?

3. Is it a surprise seeing the Pittsburgh Penguins get hot late in the season and move into the playoff race after spending most of the season out of it?

4. Which is more likely to win a Championship: a team who can score a ton, or a team who is stingy defensively?

5. Will you be participating in any eclipse festivities today?

6. Which is better: a total solar eclipse, or a total eclipse of the heart?

11 minutes ago, dstevensonjr said:

1. The trade deadline is approaching next week, what area of the roster do we need to add to, or do we need to stay the course with the current group?

3. Is it a surprise seeing the Pittsburgh Penguins get hot late in the season and move into the playoff race after spending most of the season out of it?

4. Which is more likely to win a Championship: a team who can score a ton, or a team who is stingy defensively?

1. I believe we have a solid roster--If we stay the course I believe we will do great things! Let's get Wild boys!

2. Obviously I am excited about my player but I would really like to get to know other players on the team.

3. Nothing is a surprise in sports, anything can happen!

4. A championship team is comprised of players that will work as a unit and not think of themselves only.

5. I will be working so the answer is no. LOL

8 minutes ago, dstevensonjr said:

1. Our current group is good but if our GM can get a deal that will give us a better shot at winning im all for it

2. Our goalie tandem has been amazing

3. No theyve got sid

4. Probably a team who can score a ton, unless they let in like ten a game

5. Nope it wont be good enough where im from

6. I like space so I kinda gotta go with the solar eclipse

Whatever the GM and AGM decide needs changing, if anything.

Oliver Loo is doing pretty good so far.

Doesn’t surprise me at all because I like them only slightly better than Detroit.  Anything to cause me misery and keep the Bruins from winning it all.

Both.  In the end, gotta outscore everyone.

Absolutely.  I will be trying to get my wife to look directly into the eclipse because I heard that she could turn into Selma Hayak.

A total eclipse of the heart can last longer so gonna go with that one.

22 hours ago, dstevensonjr said:

1. Our current group is amazing, though if there's a trade offer that would make the team better I'd say go for it.

2. Our goalies have been carrying, I'd say it has to be either one of them.

3. No, sometimes all it takes is for a team to be threatened with elimination for them to play their hardest.

4. If you can dominate in both fields its an easy win, but if a team could only choose one strength I'd have to put my money on a strong defensive team.

5. Nah, unfortunately I couldn't.

6. A total eclipse of the heart.

1. Absolutely no clue. We will see what the GM thinks

2. I haven't really payed attention to other players starts but I see Oliver loo and Carson tripp alot

3. I'm more surprised that they are just getting hot now. They have a good team but apparently they to old

4. Stingy defensively, look at mid 2010's LA kings

5. No, it's not that big of a deal it happens

6. Don't even get me singing a total eclipse of the heart it'll be stuck in my head. So total eclipse of the heart