Saskatoon Wild Press Conference

Viper

1. As we near the trade deadline, how do you think your player has performed this far? 

I think Jigglejawns has played pretty well so far, although he seems to have tapered off a little bit.

2. What has our strength been this season as a team?

Looks like we've done a good job this season so far of spreading the love. Everybody's contributing well.

3. Have you done your theme week post yet?

Yep, just finished it.

4. How do you like your coffee? 

With as much stuff in it as possible to make sure it doesn't taste like coffee.

5. What is the best ice cream flavor? 

Cookie dough probably, or chocolate among the more conventional standard flavors.

6. How could you say anything but strawberry? 

Strawberry ice cream overrated af tbh

On 9/16/2023 at 2:30 AM, Dadam30 said:

Saskatoon Wild Press Conference 

1. As we near the trade deadline, how do you think your player has performed this far? 

1. He had a slow start but I'm happy with his production as of late. Hoping for a bit more consistency going forward.

2. I think it's our goaltending. Reed has been solid and not much gets past him

3. I have not

4. I like it to not taste like coffee

5. Vanilla soft serve with sprinkles

6. Strawberry is a very underrated flavor for sure.

Happy with the performance so far! A bit of a production drop since being traded from Houston but understandable given we are a much deeper team!

Solid team wide contributions from everyone on both ends of the week.

I did not unfortunately as last week was quite busy.

Prefer Tea usually but I also enjoy a nice Latte

Hard to choose just one. Maybe Strawberry Cheesecake?

I got half of your favourite at least!

On 9/16/2023 at 7:30 AM, Dadam30 said:

1. Top in hits and PIM's as expected, solid +/- and about .5 points per game. Performed as advertised I would say.

2. I think it is our scoring in the aggregate, we do not have one super star like Mississauge with Ironhide and behind that a void.

3. Yeah I did it pretty early in the week.

4. Not at all. I do not drink coffee unless it is Irished up to the point you can read a newspaper through it.

5. I like so many... mango or hazelnut are my favourite right now, but it is a constant change.

6. Because I got cojones, of course.

1. Well the wild are under new management, Anything you would like to say to welcome the new gm of the wild? 
  2. As we near the end of the season who is the team you are looking forward to playing against in our remaining games? 
  3. Who do you think is ready to have a big end to the season point wise on the wild? 
  4. Where do you think we will finish in the standings? 
  5. What's the best tv show of all time? 
  6. Is anime better than live action tv?

16 hours ago, Dadam30 said:

1. Well the wild are under new management, Anything you would like to say to welcome the new gm of the wild? 
  2. As we near the end of the season who is the team you are looking forward to playing against in our remaining games? 
  3. Who do you think is ready to have a big end to the season point wise on the wild? 

1. In the words of the great RuPaul: "Good luck, and don't f*ck it up"

2. I'm looking forward to taking down the first place team, San Diego

3. I think Rin Kigamine is going to keep up their hotstreak all the way into playoffs

4. We can hold onto 2nd place.

5. Tough. I'm stuck between Community, Breaking Bad, and Arrested Development

6. I haven't watched enough anime to give a good answer to this question so I'm going to plead the 5th

On 9/19/2023 at 11:49 PM, Dadam30 said:

1) Fuck Gustav

2) Any games against San Diego-- as of now we're 2nd in the league, and it's only them above us. If you wanna be the best, you gotta beat the best.

3) Surprisingly, Rin. She's been on a great run as of late, finding the back of the net on her own while also contributing a number of helpers. Definitely has been improving the offensive side of her game.

4) It's hard to catch San Diego, but given the heater we've been on, I'm going to have to say 2nd.

5) Probably Better Call Saul, RARE for a sequel to surpass the original but I truly believe this is one of those cases.

6) I mean...c'mon :)

In actuality though, I don't think that's a fair question. They're both mediums/methods of telling stories, I don't think one is inherently better just because it's live action or animated. Animation gives you the freedom to expand your idea of what's possible while still being able to suspend disbelief, while live action is far better at being able to portray subtleties-- facial expressions especially, like in a drama akin to Better Call Saul. They each have their own strengths and weaknesses, which is why I think it's impossible to try and say one is inherently "better."

On 9/20/2023 at 6:49 AM, Dadam30 said:

1. About goddamn time, you see you next tuesday ;). On a more serious note, good that the comishes had apparently an experienced, well respected member on speed dial for such an emergency.

2. I do not even know the schedule... but we are a bit in a limbo, where we almost impossibly could fall out of the playoff seeds, and equally needed to witness a SDM collapse of epic proportions if we still wanted the coveted 1st place.

3. Schwarzer, Jigglejawns and Costova seem to be a safe bet, but could also be one of the more talented backs.

4. Second or Third realistically.

5. Hmm that is a big call. I would go with 'Married... with Children'

6. I am not a big anime enjoyer, but I think cartoons (whether Japanese or others) cannot be compared with live action TV. Both have their places and can do what the respective other cannot.

1. With there only being 2 games left in our regular season, do you think we will be able to lock up the 3 seed total and 2nd in the west? 

2. How has your players season been? 

3. Do you think you player met your expectations this season? 

4. Did the Wild meet your expectations this season? 

5. What's your go to cheat meal? 

6. What's your go to healthy meal? 

2 hours ago, Dadam30 said:

1. With there only being 2 games left in our regular season, do you think we will be able to lock up the 3 seed total and 2nd in the west? 

1. I have faith that we will (we already have because I'm late)

2. Got off to a slow start, but he finished strong. Worse offensively than last year but better defensively

3. No, I expected more assists

4. Hell yeah we did

5. Chicken wings and cheesy bread

6. I don't understand the question

Thanks for coming in to help us finish off the season, hope we can go on a nice playoff run!

Would be nice to test ourselves against the top dogs in San Diego before the playoffs start

It's been great seeing Rin Kagamine and CGY Janser put up more points while continuing their defensive play

Most likely 3rd overall in the league

According to IMBD it is a tie between Breaking Bad and Planet Earth 2

Both have their pros and cons. Perhaps a slight preference to live action myself.

On 9/27/2023 at 6:05 PM, Dadam30 said:

1) I'm doing this a liiiiittle late, but I'm going to say yes~

2) Not really what I'd hoped for on a personal level, but she's no doubt been a key piece on a top tier team. Hard to complain.

3) No, but my expectations were high. I was hoping to see her closer to the top of the point leaderboards.

4) The Wild as a whole definitely did. We were off to a bit of a slow start, but we've been an absolute powerhouse ever since. With a talent lineup like we have, that was definitely to be expected.

5) Hot chicken/chicken sandwiches, or a good pizza. Can never go wrong.

6) Eating healthy is boring as hell, but there's so much you can do with salad that it's hard not to give it props.

A little late but yes I was confident that the team could finish third overall to head into the playoffs

Been pretty good, slowed down on the score sheet but feel like I brought solid defensive play and stability to the second line

Yup happy to have played a large role in the team's success which is all I wanted for the season

I think so though the playoffs will be the ultimate decider of that. Top 3 is good for the season but hopefully we can at least make the finals!

Way too much pizza

A simple stir fry

• 2 weeks later...

1. Well i know I'm a bit behind but not the ending to the season we wanted what do you think went wrong?

2. What's next for your player? 

3. Are you excited for the vhl draft?

4. Are you going to be in the VHL draft?

5. What would be the best draft day meal?

6. If your in the the draft what team do you hope drafts you? (If not what team did draft you)

• 2 weeks later...

1. Welcome to all the new players this season and welcome back all the returning ones! What are your players personal expectations for s91? 
2. What is your expectations for the wild this season? 

3. Who do you think will lead the wild in points this season? 

4. What team do you think had a good draft (other than the wild because we know we are #1) 

5. If you are new are there any questions we could answer or help you with before the season gets on the way? 

6. Who do you think will lead the wild in goals? 

1. Welcome to all the new players this season and welcome back all the returning ones! What are your players personal expectations for s91? 

I am aiming to simply not be the team's worst player. I believe in survival of the fittest, so whoever is the worst should be eliminated.

Obviously we are on track to go through the season undefeated and set goal scoring and goaltending records.

I think that the new German guy, Dassler looks like a good one. 

4. What team do you think had a good draft (other than the wild because we know we are #1) 

I refuse to acknowledge our opponents, so I assume they all drafted a bunch of duds.

5. If you are new are there any questions we could answer or help you with before the season gets on the way? 

Is our GM(Berocka) a nice guy, or will he trade us as soon as we start to under-perform?

See #3. He's a stud.

1. After a few sims how do you think the team is performing so far? 

2. How has your player started of this season? 

3. Is this your first season in the VHL as a whole? 

4. What do you think of the city of Saskatoon? 

5. What are better pancakes or waffles? 

6. To continue the question above if you can only have 1 topping what would it be? 

I am a simple guy, point per game pace considering my start would be nice.

Do well in playoffs and have a strong regular season, somewhere top half of the league.

From first impressions it looks like it will be me(Alexandros Mograine) which would be cool.

I wasnt active during the draft so i guess maybe the hounds?

Can i half a million free TPE, for team reasons of course.

Alexandros is leading right now but he has a bit high of a shooting% so if he comes down a bit i will guess Leo Neelson III

20 hours ago, sliceruser said:

I am a simple guy, point per game pace considering my start would be nice.

Do well in playoffs and have a strong regular season, somewhere top half of the league.

From first impressions it looks like it will be me(Alexandros Mograine) which would be cool.

I wasnt active during the draft so i guess maybe the hounds?

Can i half a million free TPE, for team reasons of course.

Alexandros is leading right now but he has a bit high of a shooting% so if he comes down a bit i will guess Leo Neelson III

1. My expectations are just to improve from last season. In every aspect of my game.
2. We’re winners that’s the goal. Cup or it’s a failed season

3. honestly it could be any of our top guys

4. I didn’t even pay attention to the draft so I’m not sure

6. Like I said earlier we have have lots of talent on this team and it could be anyone

1. After a few sims how do you think the team is performing so far? 

The team is playing great so far, with contributions from all over the roster.

2. How has your player started of this season? 

He's been OK I guess. Always room for improvement, so that's what I'll be working on.

3. Is this your first season in the VHL as a whole? 

Ahhh, no. I've lost count tbh. It's a few.

4. What do you think of the city of Saskatoon? 

I haven't had the chance to explore it's beauty yet. I've been busy scoping out the FuddRuckers parking lots, looking for @gorlab

5. What are better pancakes or waffles? 

I stack a pancake on top of a waffle and press it so the pancake fills up the waffle squares.

6. To continue the question above if you can only have 1 topping what would it be? 

Maple Syrup and it's not close.

1. We have been simming very well as of late what do you think is the reason for that? 

2. Where is your player from?

3. What's the best restaurant in your Players birth city? 

4. What is your go to desert? 

5. What is something nobody knows about your player?

6. What's the best party city in the VHL?  

8 minutes ago, Dadam30 said:

1. We have been simming very well as of late what do you think is the reason for that? 

2. Where is your player from?

3. What's the best restaurant in your Players birth city? 

4. What is your go to desert? 

5. What is something nobody knows about your player?

6. What's the best party city in the VHL?  

1. we have good chemistry amongst our forwards and solid goaltending from toddly

2. the world of azeroth but you can say canada to make it easier

3 .i dont honestly know, maybe some tavern?

4. sahara

5. secretly isekai'd at their death from world of warcraft. not really a secret anymore now tho

6. i only know like 3, so clearly its saskatoon

1. Alexandros and Leo Neelson are currently tied for our lead in points! Who do you think will be the solo leader by the end of the week?

2. Who do you think our MVP has been so far?

3. Toddly is up there for almost all the goalie stats, How big has he been to the Wild so far this season? 

4. What team do you think gives us the most challenge? 

5. Why? 

6. What is one super underrated food in your opinion? 

2 minutes ago, Dadam30 said:

1. Alexandros and Leo Neelson are currently tied for our lead in points! Who do you think will be the solo leader by the end of the week?

3. Toddly is up there for almost all the goalie stats, How big has he been to the Wild so far this season? 

5. Why? 

1. cant vote myself so i will say leo neelson

2. gotta be toddly his numbers are insane, we can only get more goals when he stops them from scoring as much as he does

3. huge id say hes propping us up with a current lackluster defense

4. gotta be the bulls

5. they are scary good with a stacked roster. extremely tough to beat

6. id have to say sushi, you need to give it a couple trys to let it grow on you but if you do its easily some of the best food you can have

In the interest of maintaining peace within the LR, I'll say that they will continue to be tied because they are both so good.

I see Toddly as a strong contender. He's having an awesome season and a big part of Saskatoons good form so far this season.

Well, as mentioned he has been godly in net this season. I would be surprised if he isn't an award winner this season.

No challengers, just lucky teams that have managed to escape a matchup with the Wild with their lives.

5. Why? 

Because Saskatoon doesn't f*ck around. You play us, make sure your life insurance premiums are paid.

Koala. Very delicate meat that is already seasoned with a light Eucalyptus aroma.