Claimed:Robin Gow Interview [6/6 FINAL]

Robin Gow Interview

Sean-Couturier.jpg

Riga Reign center Robin Gow is quietly becoming one of the elite centers in the league. His 42 assists are tied for second among centers, while his 57 points are tied for third. In addition, Gow has won 66.19% of his face offs, good enough for third in the league. Robin and Brennan McQueen form one of the best 1-2 punches in the league. With 55 points, the Reign currently sit 2 points behind the Helsinki Titans for first place in the European Conference. Today, we sat down with the center in one of his first interviews since his rookie season.

Q1: You’re currently a little more than halfway through your career. Do you feel like you’ve accomplished enough up to this point?

Gow: A little bit of yes, and a little bit of no. My career started with a bang, as I won VHLM MVP and a Founder’s Cup with the Ottawa Lynx in Season 35. Afterwards, I knew that it was going to take hard work to become productive at the VHL level, especially since the Riga team my draft mates and I were joining wasn’t the strongest at the time. I’ve been improving my game steadily while learning from some of the best centers in the game, and it’s finally my time to become the Reign’s number one center. The award I want the most is obviously the Continental Cup, as we’ve found ourselves on the wrong side of the Dynamo the past 3 seasons, but winning some individual hardware would be cool as well.

Q2: If you did not have a lifelong contract with the Reign, are there any teams you would have been interested in joining?

Gow: I guess this is safe to say now that I’m stuck here for the rest of my career (laughs). Before signing my most recent contract, I was contemplating eventually testing free agency and joining one of the teams Jim previously played for (Calgary or Cologne), but obviously this is no longer possible. To be honest, now that I think about it, there would have been a lot of interesting destinations to choose from during this upcoming off-season if I were still able to become a free agent.

Q3: Are there any players that you’d like to play with before your career is over?

Gow: If there was one player in the entire VHL that I could play with, I think it would be Niklas Lindberg. The guy is an absolute stud. He’s got what, almost 100 points on a pretty mediocre Vasteras team that’s overachieving? At the same time, Lindberg seems like a pretty cool guy who’d be fun to chill out with in the locker room. It would be cool to play with some guy named Squinty as well.

Q4: Any comments for your fans or fans of the Reign?

Gow: Thank you all for sticking with us. I know we haven’t had the most success the past few seasons, but your support night in and night out makes it all a whole lot easier. I hope we can reward you with the championship you all deserve.

Content: 3/3

Good read, nice to see you moving your way up in the bigs, and silently becoming a star. That face-off % is quite high, so good job! 523 words.

Grammar: 2/2

good = well

Appearance: 1/1

Nice.

FINAL: 6/6