Shubham Anand Post Drafts Interview

Will3

We set down with recently drafted star foward Shubham Anand annd asked him about how he feels about the recent VHL and VHLE drafts and the crazy events that happened in them. We also asked about his opinion on William Groves' return the the VHLM. We have all of this starting right now.

So let'start with the VHL Draft. How do you feel about being drafted thirteenth overall by the Calgary Wranglers? 

Satisfied. The slide was annoying but not unexpected. That being said I did get interviewed by Rice just before the draft. He also lead Team Mercenaries in the last Word Junior Championship. So I have a good relationship with him. I can't wait to be a Wrangler some day.

But before you become a Wrangler, you must develop your game in the VHLE. Let's talk about the the VHLE Draft. I doubt you are happy about falling so far down in the draft.

That is correct. I had myself projected as a late first or early second round pick. A fall the far down feels like falling off a cliff. It is the sort of thing that makes a man question his worth. At least now I have a chip on my shoulder and a goal of exposing every other manager in the E for the fools that they are. At least the team I was drafted to matches my energy. Young with something to prove.

Something weird about you selections in both drafts is that is came on the heel of massive trades. How does the effect your perception of the teams that drafted you?

It is weird that it happen in two consecutive draft. The trade in the VHL was from a big trade. A significant player was traded for the pick that became me. I will fill the gap left by that trade in the future. The trade in the VHLE was weird. I have never heard of trading a player you just selected. Then again, much of what the VHLE GM do doesn't make sense to name to begin with. It makes the expectations higher as you must match what was traded away for. I am still happy where I ended up.

Some of that happiness might come from who you were drafted with in both leagues. Fradin McGryer, your teammate in San Diego was selected by the Wrangler and Iron Eagles. How do you feel about that?

It's funny. When Fradin left Team Mercenaries in protest, I thought my dream of one last runs teammates before we went our separate ways was dash and we would never be teammates again. Now we will most likely be spending most of our hockey careers together. Sometimes the universe just works in our favor.

One last thing to talk about before we go. Your old mentor former VHL player William Groves has recently return to the VHLM as the Assistant General Manager of the Halifax 21st. How do you feel about his return to the VHLM?

He may be a bit scatter brained but he is a good man. After leaving the VHL early to build an ice hockey league in Asia, he return that dream fulfilled ready to chase a new dream. I have no doubt that he will do well in Halifax and that they will be better with him helping run the team.

That is everything we have to ask you, Shubham. Good luck in S89 and beyond.

I appreciate the time to talk with you