Sunday Bullets 6/18

STZ

• The boys are hot. We start the season 3-1, against some very strong teams. Led by off-season acquisitions Brian Payne and Nico Pearce, the Wolves have been an absolute wagon. It's a nice start, and considering how rough it was last season at the beginning of the year, it's nice to have a few good games under our belt. The next five games look to be a challenge as we have a couple back-to-backs against both Seattle and Calgary. I like how we stack up, though.
  • Analfist has been on fire scoring 5 goals in the first 4 games of the year. After managing only 8 all of last year, and going very long stretches of pointless production, it is nice to see he's contributing to the team's sucess. Obviously the shooting percentage is inflated, and I can't see him getting much more than maybe 20 goals on the year - it is still nice to see a 1st and a 2nd star in the first four games, showing he's doing the right things on the ice and not just the statsheet.
  • Happy Father's Day to all the VHL Dads. I know there's quite a few new Dad's on the forum and quite a few of us old ones.. (I fall into both lol). But yeah hopefully everyone enjoys their day. I especially love Father's Day because it lands on the US Open, so I can sit on the couch and watch golf all day (well, night as it's in Cali this year). But in all honesty, I have about 10 family members coming over today, so not going to be very relaxing, however, still should be a great day :)