Strasmore Show a Slow & Sluggish Start to the Season

Phil

I'm actually at this point going to say whether the title is true or not. I often write the titles of my articles as a starting point and go from there. I will say that just based on looking at the Calgary box scores since the start of the season, it has felt like Strasmore is not having his best season. It definitely seems sluggish, so now let's five in and see what the stats are saying:

We are 14 games into the season, or in terms of percentage, about 20% through the season. Strasmore has scored twice, earned 14 assists, is a pathetic minus 1 +/- rating, and has 44 hits with just 22 blocked shots. If we extrapolate these stats to the end of the season, Strasmore is on track for: 10 goals, 72 assists, -5, 226 hits and 113 blocked shots. 

So offensively, he is actually on track to have his best season. His career high in goals to date is 7 and assists is 56. However, defensively, his hits, which were a very respectable 321, would dip back down to the season prior to that, and in terms of blocked shots - well that would be a career low. 

So I guess you need to take the bad with the good, but the Wylde Winner from last season will disappoint many if these stats continue.