POP! - Nayeon

Spartan

I went to my first K-pop concert last Thursday and I'm not ashamed to admit I enjoyed it. There's very little live music that I won't enjoy unless the performers are absolutely talentless. I even enjoyed seeing Machine Gun Kelly live around 4/5 years ago, he had good energy and was more rock-y than I expected. What I didn't expect from going to this k-pop concert though is that my favorite song coming out of it would be a song released by an individual member of the group. So for all of you who actually listen to the songs of the week I post and curse me every time it's metal, here's something new.

League-related, Moscow is fine. Hanging out around the top of the league standings as usual, this time it's definitely a bit more separated than usual. I honestly can't tell which conference is truly weaker, the NA or the EU. NA seems like they're just all bad, hence the tighter standings compared to the EU. It's nuts to me that rebuilders like New York, DC, Toronto, Chicago are all in strong playoff contention - some even for top 3 spots. In the EU as always, everyone *wants* to compete despite maybe not being ready yet (cough Malmo cough). I think it's a bit more clear who's competing and who isn't though, though I wonder if Riga, Prague, London will be able to pull off an upset in the playoffs. Davos and Moscow are simply juggernauts right now (and we just beat Davos handily post-TDL). I'd be very surprised if either Moscow or Davos don't win the cup this season. If neither team makes the finals, it's just another NA cup again.

Player-wise, Nico isn't dead quite yet. Overall I think his career has been a wash outside making finals as a rookie and then winning some awards in his 3rd or 4th season with HSK before they imploded. It really was a shame, I was enjoying playing there and it really does throw off a career when suddenly things just don't work with a team. HSK is still treading water, maybe going back into another rebuild now after buying last season or two seasons ago. But yeah I'll just play out the season and see how high I can set the new record. I think it'll be fairly easily beaten by anyone following Nico in terms of draft season, but I do worry if this starts a trend of recreates not retiring at the deadline to chase a record. I was reaaaally hoping CIA wouldn't do it with Booberry, but who am I kidding if I said that I wouldn't have done it anyways. We'll see how high of a bar Nico will set before he joins Kastelic in the Hall of "what the fuck did you get with all that TPE?"

3 minutes ago, Spartan said:

I went to my first K-pop concert last Thursday and I'm not ashamed to admit I enjoyed it. There's very little live music that I won't enjoy unless the performers are absolutely talentless.

I can vibe with that. I saw the Backstreet Boys live a couple years ago. Went with my GF who hates live crowds but loves them because she wouldn't have gone alone. I expected to dislike it, just cause I don't really appreciate their music, but it was pretty good. They give a solid show and my GF was super happy. No regrets or shame here