CGY Janser reviewing his first week in the league

Daniel Janser

Callum is sitting on the pier of his temporary home at the bank of Lake Ontario. He just came home from a tour to the off-licence around the corner and the bait and tackle shop in the neighbourhood. Kurt gave him free reign of his rods to fish. He has a comfy bean bag to sit on and a cooler box full of stubbies next to him. He is just applying the bait to the hook. He chose spawn for today. 'I wonder whether the steelheads will bite today.' While he is luring the fish to fall for his bait, he reflects on the past week. 'I am curious whether VLG thinks I am a good addition to the team. I have almost half a point per game, which I personally am happy with, considering my hardly developed offensive skills. The negative +/- vexes me, but the trajectory is right. I blocked a decent amount of shots and laid in with my body. All in all, I think it is a good start, but I can do better.' His train of thought is rudely interrupted by a hard pull on his line. He yanks on the rod to hook the steel head and starts reeling it in. 'Slow and easy does it, Cal. Just like uncle Marcel taught me. Don't rush it, patience is key. Huh, not much different from hockey then, come to think of it.' He takes a pull from his IPA and keeps fighting the steelhead. 'I hope he is big enough to keep it, I fancy some battered fish for dinner.' he thinks to himself. 'Maybe, if I get a good haul today, I should invite the team over for a fish bbq. These two Moth-boys look constantly starved.' Finally he gets the steelhead out and it is indeed big enough to be fair game. 'Seems I am lucky today. Dinner is secured.' 

The 5 Best Steelhead Baits - Trout Rods

Edited by Daniel Janser

3 hours ago, Daniel Janser said:

lot of chemistry plants/heavy industry in the area?

Lots of sewage dumping. A fair few industrial buildings too. Further out in the lake it’s way better but right then that area it’s not great at all. Even on the south side of the Toronto Islands it’s nice.