Farewell, Logan Foley

scoop

I knew that trades were coming and that we'd be saying goodbye to some of our teammates. Sure, it takes away some of the sting, but it doesn't make it painless. It does hurt, seeing Logan go. He's a great locker room presence; probably the best I've played with. The Bears got a good one. Damn, I might just have to be a Seattle fan when we're not playing against them. I'm sure gramps will understand.

My time with Logan goes back to my one season in Stockholm. I could immediately tell he was a great teammate. He was voted captain by the team, and it was very well deserved. When I was drafted to Malmo, I knew that might we get to play together again some day, since he had been drafted by them a season earlier. I moved up to the VHL in Season 88 and he was still down in the 'E for another season. He got the call last season, and when it came time to vote for captain, he was my pick again. With him gone, I'm not sure where my vote goes now.

Logan, I wish you and Izumi the best. Enjoy your time in Seattle. I don't know if we'll get to play on a team together again, so I'm glad you at least got to play your rookie season with the Nighthawks.

@WildfireMicro