A story on how the Frenchman will never be better

OrbitingDeath

A story on how the Frenchman will never become any better than this might be boring to read, but it is needed to get my weekly 2 TPE and a vhl.com article for my monthly affiliate claims this month. So it has to happen, I am sorry for you if you ran into this expecting something fun. Please turn away and do not waste your time, as the only purpose for this article to inform you that The Frenchman has reached his final build. He will never become better as this and we are just on our way to bank for regression. It is never to early to do this, as regression will be hard as a 9 season player (and I still dont like the harsh regression rules for this). So we reached my final build and The Frenchman really hasn't done anything this career. A bit like Adrienne perhaps, but without a similar outlook on the last few seasons, as with Adrienne I knew he would atleast (or should atleast) compete for awards with his hitting tendencies, but The Frenchman is literally a non hitting pussy, so that alone is taking away award chances from him. And Riga, well we might win sometime. But I do not know when Hedgehog plans on doing this. He first wanted to help London, then he wanted to help Davos. Three times the charm?

Words: 232

13 hours ago, OrbitingDeath said:

He will never become better as this and we are just on our way to bank for regression. It is never to early to do this, as regression will be hard as a 9 season player (and I still dont like the harsh regression rules for this).

Words: 232

image.png.54f208d25de919125192a1e9fdda4cae.png

That is The Board Game Clue on Skates' depreciation this season.

I'm going to be in the same boat as you in a couple seasons. Some time during S91, just my fourth season, I'll already be banking TPE.

I hate that we get punished so hard for opting to go straight to the VHL. Though maybe this will help demonstrate to the people in charge that we don't need a stricth 8/9 season limit; harsh depreciation rates will push people out of the league quickly enough anyway.

4 minutes ago, scoop said:

image.png.54f208d25de919125192a1e9fdda4cae.png

I'm going to be in the same boat as you in a couple seasons. Some time during S91, just my fourth season, I'll already be banking TPE.

I hate that we get punished so hard for opting to go straight to the VHL. Though maybe this will help demonstrate to the people in charge that we don't need a stricth 8/9 season limit; harsh depreciation rates will push people out of the league quickly enough anyway.

I think the season restrictions are more about preserving award and record history.  Already pushing it now with the ability to play for 9 seasons.

3 minutes ago, scoop said:

He didn't manage his money well though. He bought a position swap last offseason instead of using that money towards the Jagr in this final season. I think with Nico too I was slated to have a massive depreciation hit but just saving one attribute with a Jagr made it much easier to tolerate.

I think the real issue is people going beyond 1200 TPA and expecting to be able to maintain it. Even before the hybrid changes and depreciation changes, it was pretty common to start banking as soon as you entered your 5th season, or even before that point when most folks would have 2-4 99 attributes. I don't think the underlying logic behind preparing for depreciation has changed. If anything we've given more money to high end players from contract tier reworks and also allowed for Jagrs to be used for the final depreciation. The regression fighters are also substantially more valuable than the old depreciation fighters pre-hybrid were, since it's not just a 1-2% reduction, but it drops you to the previous tier itself - overall saving more than it used to before.

So I cautiously want to say that peaking at 1200 TPA (or 1186 as The Frenchman is now) isn't bad at all. On paper he's still one of the top TPA guys in the league and just had a 100 point season. I don't think there's even more room for growth or needed increases in TPA for players who go 9 seasons.