Sunday Bullets 50CAL Edition

STZ

Sunday Bullets 50CAL Edition

So I’ve been playing with a few ideas of different things I can do for PT. I know I’ll still be putting out graphics, but I think I could be doing a series of Player Cards, but I’ll explain a little further in this Media Spot. I’ve always done my Sunday Bullets as my .com article, however I was playing with the idea of a podcast called Audio Bullets which would just be a replacement for my .com article. The bullets have always been an informal way for me to share my thoughts both league related, player related, and a small personal update. Welcome to the long form version of my Sunday Bullets, the Sunday Bullets 50 Cal Edition.

• Snubbe.d Analfist agrees to a 5 year contract extension which keeps him in Vancouver for the rest of his career.
  • Anyone who knows me, with my past players I’ve always refused to sign full length career contracts. This stems from a time when one of my players was signed long term, and then there was a GM turnover and I was stuck in a situation I just didn’t like. Thankfully I’ve never been in that situation again, but I’m still always hesitant to sign lifetime contracts. I love Vancouver, and Frank is one of the best GM’s out there. I had to outright ask him if there was even a chance that there could be a GM change during the next five seasons, and I was assured that it wouldn’t be a problem.
  • The Wolves went up 2-0 in the Finals, and then unfortunately got reverse sweeped. It was a tough pill to swallow, and while I think we achieved a great result last season, I would have loved to have won it with the group we had. Going forward though, we reload, and prepare to go again.
  • I can’t go the week without mentioning the big acquisition of Liv Slater @Subject056 from Chicago. This really puts the future of the Wolves in a secure position. I think Bouchard still has a lot left in the tank, but the window extends further with Slater on the roster. It was a ballsy deal with some high picks going the other way, but these are the kind of roster shake-ups that the VAN-City Management team make that make them so effective season after season.

• After almost 10 real years, I’ve made my return to the General Manager role in the VHLM as it was announced that I’ve been hired to take on the Houston Bulls. 
  • I’m very honored to take this role. I don’t take the responsibility lightly, as I know that there are a lot of members that desire a chance to be a GM at the VHLM level. I’m very excited to get to work and prove myself once again. My goal as GM is to pump as many players through the Houston Bulls system and graduate them into the VHL. I’ve always had this philosophy, and I’m excited to meet some new faces and possibly some recreates as well. 
  • AJW and Triller did an amazing job and created a hell of a culture in Houston. However, on their way to building a Championship contending team, we lost a lot of the assets for the future. I’m starting off with a completely bare roster, and no first round pick in this season’s draft. I’m excited for the challenge. I believe even with only depth draft picks I can get at least three or four solid young players to start my roster out. From there, I look forward to seeing recruitment do their thing. My job starts from there, as I need to show new players what makes the VHL so special. It’s my job to make them fall in love with this league and community the way that I did - which is what has kept me active for over a decade.
  • I don’t want to spoil too much but I’m going to be going on a full out graphic parade for Houston. Expect to see seasonal Rookie Cards, customized signatures, and a lot of player showcases. The one thing that will separate Houston Bulls players from any other VHLM prospect is that VHL GM’s aren’t going to have to research these players to know who they are. The players that put in the work and want to be known in the VHL Community, will be.
  • As for AGM, I’ve kinda come to an idea that I’m going to try. I’m going to try and advertise the Bulls AGM spot as a 1-Season temporary position for a current Bulls Player. This will give a new member on my team an inside look at what it means to be a GM in the VHL, earlier than probably any other member. It feels like a cool idea to have, but I also recognize how this could go wrong. Either way, I’ve always tried to do things a little differently, so that’s how I’ll be working my AGM role in the first season
  • I was trying to find a good way to incorporate Bulls into Bullets... But it was too corny, so I have a designated BULLet fo it...

• Usually this is where I would talk about my personal life, but I’ve already rambled enough for almost two Media Spots.
    • Overall, I’m in a pretty good place, things are just kind of moving along. Both the kids are doing well. We had the baby go through chickenpox last week which was rough, but he’s a tough little guy and we actually sleep trained him during this. Now, he’s spot-free and sleeping in his crib every night. Probably the hardest part of the chickenpox is that we kept my daughter at her mom’s house during this period of time, so I went nearly two weeks without seeing her. That’s pretty difficult as we have a parenting agreement that has us scheduled so we never go over two days. My goals for the rest of summer is to golf as much as possible, and to get ready for the wedding I have in the winter, down south. Writing this out is usually therapeutic, so I’d like to continue to do the Bullets. I will probably go back to the abbreviated version, I just had a lot to cover this week!

1000+ Words.

• Claim for 8/13
  • Claim for 8/20

I love your idea of giving a new Bulls player a chance to be an AGM for the season!  Gonna be a lot of players rolling through that are ready to GM some off season tourneys and then apply for team GM positions!