A. Crosby talks VHL and VHLE drafts

hockeyis66

“Leading up to the draft I was quite nervous and although I had talked with several teams, I had no idea where I was going to go.  I had an idea in the range of being late first round to early second round and that’s exactly where I fell on draft night.  It was a thrill to hear my name called by Helsinki and have my years of hard work pay off to finally be on the path to making it to the VHL.  There’s still a lot of hard work left to go though and I am going to work hard with my new teammates and management team to do what I need to improve to help Helsinki win a championship in the future.”

“However, the VHLE draft was a little more nerve racking as round by round kept going by and I didn’t hear my named called.  I mean it makes sense in that I may only play one season there and the players that will probably play 2 seasons will get drafted first, but then the end of the 4th round came and Stockholm called my name.  At least I wont have to travel to far when the time comes to go from the VHLE to the VHL and I ll do what I can to improve my game and help the Vikings win.”