North American Conference 2WK Prediction & Reveiw?

Gaikoku-hito

Last week I broke down the standing for both North American Conference (Media) and European Conference (VHL.com) so I thought I would look to see how I did make the predictions and yes, I know it was okay at least in the North American side with slight difference but let me also predict next weeks standings. I try to keep this shorter since I have multi-media weeks running so they are now likely to be .coms!!

1.     Toronto Legion                   17 – 4 – 3                       37pts               Predicted:        🔺     2nd North American

2.     Los Angeles Stars              17 – 5 -1                        35pts               Predicted:        🔻     1st North American

3.     D.C. Dragons                      16 – 7 – 1                       33pts               Predicted:        🟰     3rd North American

4.     Seattle Bears                      12 – 8 – 3                      27pts               Predicted:        🔺     5th North American

5.     Vancouver Wolves              12 – 9 – 2                      26pts               Predicted:        🔻     4th North American

6.     Chicago Phoenix                 8 – 13 – 2                      18pts               Predicted:        🟰     6th North American         

7.     Calgary Wranglers               8 – 16 – 0                      16pts               Predicted:        🟰     7th North American

8.     New York Americans          7 – 15 – 2                       16pts               Predicted:        🟰     8th North American

Summary:

Toronto has played one more game than LA stars otherwise the prediction that I made last week would have been most likely more acerate as I am almost 100% confident that LA would have beaten Warsaw had the game been played this week. Meaning LA would have been first in the conference. Early week D.C. held tough before finally dropping to third as predicted; give credit where credit is due, they beat some good teams this week. Seattle & Vancouver are switched but this was always going to be close between these two teams and when I made the prediction last week, I knew this one could have been wrong so I take the hit by a single point. Everyone else is correct but I must also say I am impressed with New York as they have done better than I expected them too!! Maybe I underrated them too harshly last week.

This week Predictions:

1.    :la:Los Angeles Stars               🔺

Reason: Schedule favors this powerhouse team with main challenges coming from Riga (two games) and Toronto later in the week. Cannot see them losing a handful of games

2.    :tor:Toronto Legion                     🔻

Reason: With D.C. Dragons, HC Davos and LA the toughest teams they are playing this week, they should really hold station and could win out the week. It might come down between the game between Toronto and LA to determine the placement at the end of the week.

3.    :dcd:  D.C. Dragons                         🟰

Reason: Five points is a lot for the teams behind D.C. to make up and with a mixed schedule again this week and likely of playing at least 500 hockey means they are likely to hold off Seattle and Vancouver for at least another week. Big games this week against Vancouver, HC Davos, Toronto and Malmo with the two games against Vancouver making up a four-point swing in the standings.

4.   :sea:  Seattle Bears                          🟰

Reason: Favorable schedule with single games against Vancouver, LA and HC Davos so they should win majority of the games this coming week but will they be able to catch D.C. and make up the five-point difference. Unlikely but they will make close by the end of the week if I am correct.

5.   :que:  Vancouver Wolves               🟰

Reason: Expecting them to continue playing 500 hockey with schedule that continue to work against them but at least they don`t play LA any more. Tough games against Seattle, D.C., Prague and Riga could make for an interesting week.

6.   :nya:  New York Americans          🔺

Reason: After a 1-10-1 record to start the season they played really good hockey this past week going 6-5-1 giving the fans some hope at least. If they can continue to play around 500 hockey, they should climb out of the basement this week.

7.    :chi:    Chicago Phoenix                🔻

Reason: Tough next five games with Seattle, HC Davos, LA and Toronto (2) before I give them a fighting chance against London but it could be a very bad week for Chicago.

8.   :cal:  Calgary Wranglers              🔻

Reason: Everything will come down to the two games against New York this week to determine their standings. With a 3-1 lead in the season series expect a split at worse keeping Calgary closer to the bottom. They might even lose outright since New York has shown some fight this past week.

Final thoughts:

Clearly we currently have three groups in North America with Toronto, LA and D.C. at the top of the standing but expect two things to happen eventually; D.C. will start to drop back into the second group with Seattle and Vancouver and expect Vancouver to start climbing the standings as they play any one but LA; how clearly hand their number so far this season.  

Edited by Gaikoku-hito

Can be hard to predict the movements but looking at the schedule and simple trying to figure out wins versus losses is actually fun. Which is why this will most likely continue. I might even try adding projected weekly win/loss and projected win/loss

1 hour ago, v.2 said:

Great content, VSN worthy 👀 @Alex

I was actually thinking this after reading it again! Add some graphic work to it, snazzzzzz it up and this is a sweet addition. Hell, bring a small team in on it. Boss @Gaikoku-hito :D