S90 LA Stars and their NHL Counterparts

KRZY

We are at the 1/3 mark of the regular season in season 90 . And that’s usually where I do my comparisons to NHL counterparts . I’m particularly excited to share this seasons edition with how special a team the Stars are this year. Without further a do let’s get started .

Forwards 

Napoleon Dynamite @thadthrasher

Jack Eichel

I think this is the perfect comparison for the resident dancing guru on the Stars , Dynamite has always been an Uber talented forward , This season with the Stars Dynamite has experienced a real breakout season and found some nice chemistry with long time Star Todd Cooke ! Dynamite is a full 200 foot player and has come as advertised when LA traded for him in the off season.

Todd Cooke 

Leon Draisaitl 

Cooke has started this season on an absolute tear , looking to finally establish himself as a top tier centre in the VHL . Boy has he done that and more a leader or near the top of most statistical categories this season Cooke has done a good job at putting himself in the Conversation with other top players in the VHL . I for one can’t wait to see where he will be sitting when the season comes to an end. 

Svatopluk Puk @Otaznik

Mitch Marner

Puk also came over in the trade with New York in the off season and has been everything LA has needed and wanted when they acquired him , Puk had been on an absolute year the last few sims currently sitting with 33 points in 27 games . Once he found his feet and got up and running he hasn’t looked back . Puks an exciting 2 way winger and has proven to be an important piece to the puzzle for the Stars this season.

Sunglasse Joyo @JetsGoalie101 

Andrei Kuzmenko 

The Fan favourite Sunglasses wearing Centre has been crucial for the Stars this on special teams , Joyo has been lights out on the power play and penalty kill and every other situation the Stars have put him in he’s succeeded. Always willing to put the team first . Joyo is nearly producing at a point per game , if he keeps capitalizing on his opportunities I see him producing at a point per fame or better by the end of this season . All while wearing his Sunglasses.

Gregger Mckeggegger @TheNeonShaman

Nick Richie

Mckeggegger is a HUGE. Power forward who uses his size and skill to get to the dirty areas and wear his opponent’s down , this young promising winger is gonna be tremendously good once he fully develops and adjusts to the VHL game fully . Mckeggegger is only gonna continue to get better as his career progresses.

Adam Rage @MrMom

Blake Coleman

Rage is another hard nosed young player in the Stars lineup , plays hard every night and like Mckeggegger goes to this dirty area to make the play . Rage was a late addition to the team in the offseason but what a welcome addition he’s been. Hopefully this is just the beginning of rages success in LA.

Defence

Elais Lampi @Pifferfish

Cale Makar

The newest addition to the LA Stars backend reminds me a lot of Makar in that he’s always in the right position to make a play and sees the ice so incredibly well. Lampi was acquired early this off season and he’s been a solider on the back end and looks like he will be the top d man on this team for many years to come . 

Callum Murray @Berocka

Victor Hedman 

The longtime Stars defender is in his final season as a member of the Stars , this hard hitting blue liner is everything you could ever want in a Defenceman and a captain to your team . This year LA will no doubt try and win a cup for him in his farewell season.

Jens Lekman @Bobcat

Miro Heiskanen

Lekman is a returning young player this season with a lot of upside ! He will join Lampi as the future of the Stars blue line for seasons to come ! Lekman is very rarely caught out of position . He seemingly always does the right thing with the puck . Lekman is truly an important piece to the Stars !

Goalies

Art Vandelay @Gustav

Ilya Sorokin

Vandelay has been a top goalie and one of the best in the VHL for a longtime now so it’s not surprising that I compared him to sorokin he truthfully deserves every word of that praise . Vandelay is in the midst of a career season right now and doesn’t look to be slowing down at all anytime soon. 

Matthew Mckagg @Jack kidd

Stuart Skinner

Mckagg is a young goalie full of promise making his debut for the Stars , under Vandelays guidance and tutalage he could turn out to be a very good goalie in years to come .

@InstantRockstar Joe Sakic

Rockstar is always finding ways to improve his team and make them better , whether it’s finding talent in the draft or making trades . Rockstar always has the best interest of his team in mind . And that sure shows this season as he’s turned LA into a powerhouse in the season.

there you have it some of these comparisons we’re no brainers some were harder then I thought they’d be , hope you enjoy reading this and cheers !!