New Award Idea

So we have the MVP (Most Valuble Player) award but i think that there should be an award for the Best Duo and Best Trio in the league. (These awards would be in the VHL/E/M) Now it doesnt mean "Best Forward and Defense duo" or "Best Forward, Defense and Goalie Trio" it could be 2 forwards or 2 defense, a goalie and a forward, so basically any possiblity

There was some discussions about this at one point, to my knowledge it was shut down since the only purpose of the M is to teach players to earn TPE and get their feet on the ground. A Most Improved award would incentivize players to stay in the M, when they should be moving on.

23 minutes ago, Alex said:

There was some discussions about this at one point, to my knowledge it was shut down since the only purpose of the M is to teach players to earn TPE and get their feet on the ground. A Most Improved award would incentivize players to stay in the M, when they should be moving on.

What about the Best Duo and Trio for all leagues?

Edited by Mysterious_Fish

1 hour ago, Mysterious_Fish said:

What about the Best Duo and Trio for all leagues?

In all honesty, I see that being a borderline impossible thing to discuss and award efficiently. The number of possible combinations of duos and trios is exhausting to think about, I can't see consensus ever being reached to definitively award something like that.

Though if you want to turn it into a Media Spot or Graphic kind of thing where you find a group of players particularly interesting to hone in on/recognize, absolutely go for it. It doesnt have to be an official award for it to be a cool idea.

2 hours ago, Rin said:

In all honesty, I see that being a borderline impossible thing to discuss and award efficiently. The number of possible combinations of duos and trios is exhausting to think about, I can't see consensus ever being reached to definitively award something like that.

Though if you want to turn it into a Media Spot or Graphic kind of thing where you find a group of players particularly interesting to hone in on/recognize, absolutely go for it. It doesnt have to be an official award for it to be a cool idea.

Honestly I think it’s easier then you make it out to be , most teams from my experience run the same or similar lines all season so you could easily go back and look at duo’s or trios that way , or you just go off stats and pick a group from a team . I like the the idea and think it could be a great addition to the “team” awards section 

8 hours ago, Rin said:

Okay, I may do that Media Spot thing. Would definitely be interesting

8 hours ago, KRZY said:

Honestly I think it’s easier then you make it out to be , most teams from my experience run the same or similar lines all season so you could easily go back and look at duo’s or trios that way , or you just go off stats and pick a group from a team . I like the the idea and think it could be a great addition to the “team” awards section 

Yeah, it seems like a pretty cool idea for an award, and there are a few examples I can think of where I would've gotten an award if it existed lol.
Retoslav, Molotov, Yaselievich (S88 Playoffs)

Retoslav, Sundin, Johanssen (S90)

Possibly Retoslav, Wolanin, Adolfsen (S82 VHLM)

Overall I like the idea and I don't think it would take too much to implement all things considered.

21 minutes ago, eagle_3450 said:

Yeah, it seems like a pretty cool idea for an award, and there are a few examples I can think of where I would've gotten an award if it existed lol.

Overall I like the idea and I don't think it would take too much to implement all things considered.

Wolanin-Janser-GoodBrandSun in S86

Edited by Daniel Janser

6 hours ago, eagle_3450 said:

If we are going to discuss S88 playoffs it is by far Teno, Marcel Janser

7 hours ago, eagle_3450 said:

*Jason, VLG, Sakamoto S90

18 hours ago, Rin said:

15 hours ago, KRZY said:

Honestly tho, if no one says it will become an award then i will just do it. Regular season and just take screenshots of the players in each level so that I can make the Article for the VHL Awards week

1 hour ago, Mysterious_Fish said:

Honestly tho, if no one says it will become an award then i will just do it. Regular season and just take screenshots of the players in each level so that I can make the Article for the VHL Awards week

It won't be an award, simply because no one is going to 1. dig through every teams history to see which duo or trio played together the full season (which isn't even common, usually some degree of change is expected), and 2. it'll likely just be a top player dragging on two teammates to get an award and bonus TPE. Or it's some consolation prize for two teammates who both scored well that neither could take the number one spot. All in all I don't think it's feasible or logical to officially implement.

New award idea: The Bobandy Award - whoever gets the most points in a season while being highly addicted to a substance. For example, Bobandy guzzles a 6 pack before his breakfast of champions every morning. Others would more than likely indulge in the booger sugar. The choice is your’s, and the addiction stays forever ❤️

1 hour ago, Spartan said:

It won't be an award, simply because no one is going to 1. dig through every teams history to see which duo or trio played together the full season (which isn't even common, usually some degree of change is expected), and 2. it'll likely just be a top player dragging on two teammates to get an award and bonus TPE. Or it's some consolation prize for two teammates who both scored well that neither could take the number one spot. All in all I don't think it's feasible or logical to officially implement.

Well then I guess I will make it an unofficial award. I am willing to do some digging