What is it like to be looked over.

Bojovnik

As a firm supporter or Mr. Ruutu, I’m going to attempt to write this theme week media spot without not mentioning the word in question, because I feel that it would be far more appropriate to not have this disgusting language litter the forum. Well, it’s already littering the forum, but every little helps, right?

I think it’s fair to say that I’m a user that very few people actually know and engage with. I have had the permanent feeling of being looked over as people choose more popular users with more storied histories, or those that make more of a noise on Discord. Let’s look back shall we.

Big boy Jan Hlozek. Hollywood Hlozek. He was a fine second-pairing defenceman who was on some amazing teams. I was a major part of the regular season success that the Los Angeles Stars and Moscow Menace had in a bunch of seasons that I’m too lazy to look up, but you know what I mean. I never got the props I deserved. Instead I hate some users and GMs criticizing me for going inactive, not realising that that made my TPA low enough to be a super high achieving defenceman with a lower cap hit. Ideally the player that should be on the second pairing of a high achieving team.

So how has Yaroslav Big Boga been overlooked? Well, I was the second overall pick for a start. Did I deserve to be the first? Well, that’s not my decision. Of course, being in the same draft as Mr. Orbiting Death means that the odds are always stacked against me, but I gave it a good go. I’m not sure based on how our careers have gone to date whether it is possible to say whether it was justified or not.

In any case, the big bone I have to pick here is the Boga for Funk campaign of S88. I went from a 44 point player to a 77 point one. I turned my -23 into a +18 I turned my 98 hits into 207 hits. How is that not a Funk calibre season. I don’t want to hear any of the alternative opinions. I campaigned hard on this ticket, only to be completely shunned by the VHL GMs who are just a bunch of haters.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m used to being hated, I’m just to having people throw salt in my game. You just have to use that negative energy as fuel, to become better. Now, with Bogatyrev, I’ve got a long way to go, and I doubt that I will ever have the opportunity to truly become an award winner in the VHL. That’s not because of me not earning enough, or not having the coolest enough build. It’s because I’m not one of the popular, cool guys. If you’re not willing to sell yourself old, you’ll always be FISTED ANALLY BY A CIRCUS MONKEY. That’s just the way the world works my friends.