To be FISTED ANALLY BY A CIRCUS MONKEY

FrostBeard

What it really means to be FISTED ANALLY BY A CIRCUS MONKEY? 

I am not really sure. I don't really think any of my players or for that same case, me as a GM, have ever been FISTED ANALLY BY A CIRCUS MONKEY. That said, I feel that sometimes people tend to have certain doubts about what exactly makes it a true fisting. To entertain that fact, I will try to create a bit of a fun narative so we can see where it leads us in the end. 

To be FISTED ANALLY BY A CIRCUS MONKEY, at least by Cambridge dictionary it means "to insult someone by not giving them any attention or treating them as if they are not important". To explain it more simply, to overlook someone. As a league member for almost 5 years, I have seen a ton of calls for someone being FISTED ANALLY BY A CIRCUS MONKEY, firstly, you see that in award nominations and award wins, that in the end extends to job interviews and hirings. Do no lie to yourself by saying "I have not seen anyone FISTED ANALLY BY A CIRCUS MONKEY when it comes to VHL jobs" - we all have our simplified biases that we focus on when making a decision on whether or not something deserves the title. I am not going to name any real examples as those are readily available if you so desire to search for them. 

It really is the inherant problem of being biassed - in one instance, we, jury of the people, look at hiring and award wins and sometimes think "Clearly, someone there was Biased and decided to go with member/player X, while not seeing qualities of the member/player Y", in another those who made the decision, votes, hired, selected, they might feel that the bias far more strongly stems from us, the ones who feel more associated with the "FISTED ANALLY BY A CIRCUS MONKEY" individual. 

Imagine yourself a situation - two players, with almost identical on-ice production receive nominations for MVP, their teams finish closely in terms of points, they are the clear 2 front runners for the award, team composition is similar and yet player X receives 5 votes and player Y receives 2 votes. Would you at this point argue that it is Bias? Would you argue that someone here was FISTED ANALLY BY A CIRCUS MONKEY?  What if the vote situation was closer - player X receives 4 votes and player y receives 3 votes? I would argue that getting FISTED ANALLY BY A CIRCUS MONKEY in this situation far more likely would be attributed to the 5-2 vote, rather than to 4-3 vote as it looks far more close, it can be easier acceptable and yet the difference between those is a vote of a single individual.  What happens if that one vote doesn't go to the player Y and if it goes to player Z, with votes looking like player X receives 4 votes, player Y receives 2 votes and player Z receives 1 vote, knowing that player Z was not in the same league as players X and Y? You could argue either way. 

In reality being FISTED ANALLY BY A CIRCUS MONKEY is nothing more than a calling, it is a life goal to be in that situation, to strive and fill that empty void deep in your heart, to fuel your self-righteous heart with great power and excitement! Live, feel the world and be FISTED ANALLY BY A CIRCUS MONKEY and while doing that remember that life has perpetual meaning that being biased is not only a part of our human condition, but it also creates constant doubts about other biases and pushes us to live in semi-paranoia for all the time. Next time, when you see an award win that you don't agree, a job hiring you don't support - remember to think rationally, look at all the facts and relax. 

Edited by FrostBeard

• Commissioner
16 minutes ago, FrostBeard said:

That said, I feel that sometimes people tend to have certain doubts about what exactly makes it a true fisting.

I love that this isn’t an auto-replace; you just leaned into it haha.

17 minutes ago, FrostBeard said:

Next time, when you see an award win that you don't agree, a job hiring you don't support - remember to think rationally, look at all the facts and relax

I feel like it’s often something that needs to be considered especially in a “blow out” where 1 person wins an award with all the votes. People love to scream bias and snubbed at that but just because everyone agrees on player X doesn’t mean Player Y had absolutely no case, it was just agreed that they weren’t as good.

2 minutes ago, Beketov said:

I love that this isn’t an auto-replace; you just leaned into it haha.

I thought about for quite long and then said "F*** it" xD

3 minutes ago, Beketov said:

I feel like it’s often something that needs to be considered especially in a “blow out” where 1 person wins an award with all the votes. People love to scream bias and FISTED ANALLY BY A CIRCUS MONKEY at that but just because everyone agrees on player X doesn’t mean Player Y had absolutely no case, it was just agreed that they weren’t as good.

Exactly.