A Playoff Speech

Will3

Friends, I do not boast lightly when I say that we are a great team. Thers is no point in saying otherwise. We are a great team. From before the season started, we were called out as the best team in the VHLE.  We have since lived up to those expectations, winning the King's Cup for being the best team in the regular season. We are a great team. It is an established fact. However, it is equally just as much of a fact that great teams don't always win. That is what makes this sport we all fell in love with the wounder it truly is. The history of this sport is filled with examples of great teams who failed to win a championship. Think back to the Soviets in 1980 or the Canadians in 1996. Both of these international squads were the best teams on the whole planet in their time only to fall embarrassingly short while others celebrated a miracle upset. The lessons of these two failures are clear. Our netminders must turn into the most unbreakable of stone walls and the rest of us must fight and claw for the puck with everything we have very step of the way.I know we are more than capable of doing both any day of the week. So we are going to go out there tonight and every night and fight like we are hungry, because after everything this leage has put me through, I am starving. Let's make our own miracles out there. Let's fly!

Speech made by captin Shubham Anand to his fellow Vasteras Iron Eagles just before the Game 1 of the S90 VHLE playoffs.

SA.png?ex=6516ed1f&is=65159b9f&hm=5cc646

Edited by Will3