Apologies to Malmo

KaleebtheMighty

This season was, without question, puzzling and frustrating. When I set out to work to build this team for competition, I truly thought I had assembled a playoff contender. I had hoped with the forwards I accumulated and defense I’d assembled we’d be a fantastic team. We all had extremely high hopes, expecting Malmo to easily be a playoff contender. The buzz was electric before this season. There was a lot of hype and enthusiasm for our team, and we were ready to make our mark in S89. Unfortunately, that was a far fetched idea compared to the outcome of this past season. We tried as best as we could to tinker, analyze, and formulate new lines and methods of play to the best of our ability to win more. I watched to see who was available to bring in during the season and at the trade deadline. I don’t think I’ve ever switched up the strategies so many times, trying to find a groove for us to fit in and start winning. But nothing came. We continued to struggle and fell short of the playoffs this season.

I ultimately can’t put the blame or reason on anything. There was no glaring error in any of our players or lineups. There was no smoking gun or individual who wasn’t meshing well. It was an enigma I failed to crack in time. As we now approach the off-season, heading once again to the golf course early, I end with a somber note.

I’m sorry.

I hate the fact that some people feel the season was wasted, because I worked hard to build this team to this point. I truly believe in each player in Malmo and feel that the potential is absolutely there. It just wouldn’t work out for us. And because of that, there’s probably going to be changes that I may not want to make.

While most teams are now moving on to next season and moving past this, I want to at least take this media spot to pen out a sincere apology to the Malmo Nighthawks. None of you deserved to endure a season like this that ended short of our goals and hopes. It will get better, it has to. We will be better. I really believe Malmo will still have many competitive seasons right around the corner. I would feel incredibly remorseful however if we swept everything under a rug and ignored this past season. Your efforts to earn TPE, interact with each other, and push us forward were great to see. I am still proud of this team, what we’ve built here, and value everyone that dons the Nighthawks jersey.

We’ve got more work to do, and we’re going to get back to our competitive ways very soon. Believe in this team, and we will go very far. Know that I’m working hard to ensure we come back next season as a playoff ready team. And get ready for the next wave of the Malmo Nighthawks. 

I also can not fathom why the team underperformed. I had to pay a lot of attention to Malmo this season trying to figure out whether it was worth pushing for a playoff position or not, and I genuinely have no idea why things ended this way. Simon does as Simon does I'm afraid! Lots to be proud of and excited for in Malmo!

Media spot review .

This media spot really resonated with me as I myself am in a management position and like yourself . Every person in management wants the best for their team and players and wants to compete . I truly don’t understand how Malmo didn’t compete or end up making the playoffs . And can 100% feel for you in that aspect . 

10/10 very well written and incredibly easy to relate too.