Elmebeck Trophy

Victor

• Admin

Hi all,

It's been over 24 hours since a controversial announcement so I am here to fill the gap.

The eagle-eyed among you will have spotted the absence of the seasonal Elmebeck Trophy nominations thread this season and certainly will now after I've put up the Slobo vote.

There have been rumblings in the BOG for a few seasons now about the small amount of nominations, the fact that it can be difficult to have truly outstanding reasons for nomination every 2 months, and that we got used to a very familiar stream of names - mainly VHLM GMs and BOG members most of whom have already received their due credit either through the Elmebeck Trophy or other means.

Rest assured, the award is not being discontinued. We are just hoping to liven it up a bit by making it a bi-seasonal award (i.e. the S91 edition will look at the period covering both S90 and S91) and maybe looking at other factors, like how we can encourage nominations, and/or increasing the threshold for making the final ballot.

So we'll get to work on fine tuning those details (with suggestions in the public forum more than welcome!) and come back with a refreshed version of the Elmebeck Trophy in about 2 months.

Until then, continue being wonderful.

:cheers: