Bobandy's first interview in Calgary

AJW

CGY Reporter: Hello Randy, welcome to Calgary! There has been a lot of buzz around the city after your arrival and the fans are dying to meet you. You’ve shown an impressive start to your career with Seattle, but what are your thoughts on this recent trade?

Bobandy: Hey thank you! I am a bit in the middle when it comes to this trade. I am happy and proud to be a Wrangler, but my initial plan when being drafted to Seattle in S87 was to live out my career as a Bear. I was projected in my draft to end up in Toronto at 3rd overall, but told GMs I wanted to be in Seattle and went there at 4th overall. I skipped a minor season to get to the VHL and play for Seattle. I feel I have been extremely loyal to the team, signed a huge contract, but at the end of the day it’s a business. Seattle is looking to go down a different direction than normal in order to rebuild and I am willing to do anything for that team even if that means going separate ways. This of course resulted in myself being traded to the Calgary Wranglers and I still have mixed feelings, but I am honestly happy with the trade. I am ready for a new start with Calgary but I will always hold that love for Seattle and it sucks saying goodbye.

CGY Reporter: Okay so you’re humble and loyal we get it, but you’re a Wrangler now are you not excited for that?

Bobandy: Of course I am excited. Calgary is a roster full of players that I have good connections with and will easily fit in. You never love getting traded when your roots are set somewhere, but this will be beneficial for my career as a player. Calgary seems to have a fire to win and I am all for that. I am thrilled to hop into my role as a leader on this team with my experience, almost feeling like John Tavares when he was traded to the Leafs. I want to show Calgary that I am going to do whatever it takes to win for them, I’m just in that sappy sad mood after leaving my previous team.

CGY Reporter: Totally understandable, I’m sure Seattle wasn’t planning on getting rid of you, trades happen and sometimes you have to part ways with people you don’t want to let go of. You’re in a spot now where you can succeed and not have to worry about a rebuild. With that being said, do you have any goals set already for Calgary?

Bobandy: You're right and yes I totally do have goals set. The mindset coming from Seattle is I play to win. Nobody likes losing and I sure as hell don’t like it. I want Calgary to be a contender and I want to put up the numbers in order to get us there. I am most likely going to take the role of first line center and I hope to be able to produce the playmaking magic I did two seasons ago where I reached 70+ assists. With a fresh start I can go into every game with a clear mind and just play how I play. I want to win and that is the goal I am setting not only for myself but my teammates too. Maybe I can become someone my teammates can look up to right away, I would enjoy that.

CGY Reporter: Calgary does experience a younger roster of forwards so I hope you can be that leader for them! Last question, with your strong feelings towards Seattle, do you have any last words for that franchise?

Bobandy: I want to say thank you. Thank you to all the amazing teammates that I’ve been able to play with. Thank you to the GM @Banackock for always having the winning passion and being an amazing friend to me. There's no hard feelings at all, I know your thoughts and you know mine and I'm positive that we'll still stay in touch. Like I said before I was ready and willing to play every minute as a Bear, although I know this is for the best not only for myself and Calgary, but Seattle too. It was an honor being a Bear for four seasons but I am ready to be a Wrangler now.

CGY Reporter: Thank you Randy, best of luck with your new team!

Bobandy: Thank you, I’m ready to get S91 started. @Ricer13 let's get to work 🔥