if you were a bird what would be your favourite type of tree to perch on?

hylands

i am fresh out of stuff to write about as the typical off-season lull leaves all of us in a state of limbo. but i don't mind getting a couple weeks to really refresh and refocus myself for what lies ahead. having said that, there was some excitement to be had in the form of the vhle draft! 3ppao with muff attending in spirit did an excellent job of hosting the draft if i do say so myself. coming off a season where bratislava did our best to find some playoff success, there were some holes to fill, and i think we did a good job all things considered.

mostly our draft was focusing on the future of the team, but we did make a stellar first round pick in fong's player mina. with the players returning, and prospects graduating we can still ice a pretty good roster. there always seems to be a lack of great defensive talent in the drafts. that meant we were just hoping the players we had our eyes on would still be available when it was our time to pick. not everything went our way, but it definitely could've been a lot worse.