VHLM Interview - Tom Dufour

Cookie

Hello everyone, I am Ryan Johnson, today's interviewer and today we will be doing just an interview with one of the newer brittish players within VHLM, Tom Dufour and his sponsor Cookie.

Ryan: "We are currently inside the Mexico City Kings headquarters with Tom and Cookie"

Ryan: "Tell us Tom, what did you think of your very first season in the VHLM?"

Tom: "I think it went better than expected. However, I cannot deny that I had some wild dreams before my first match."  *Sigh*  "It is a bit embarrassing to admit it but in my head, I thought I would join and instantaneously get a hat-trick!"

Ryan: "You sure had some big ambitions going into your first match against Halifax 21st, did you feel demoralised after the 3-5 loss?"

Tom: "I would not say that I got demoralised... I mean sure it stung to lose the first match, however, I sure hope to start getting more goals and perhaps even hat-tricks in the next season"

Ryan: "Thank you for the honest answer, before I ask your sponsor some questions I got one more question about the season"   *After catching his breath he continues*  "which team did you consider the biggest rival for Mexico City Kings during your time in the season?"  

Tom: "I would consider it to have been the Halifax 21st because we kept trading victory and defeats against one another, although... I feel they performed better against us, it was a fun experience nonetheless. It felt quite surprising when I heard that we beat them in the Playoff standings, even if it was on a 2 points difference"

Ryan: "Appreciate your answer"  *Ryan move his attention to Cookie*  "Cookie, how do you feel so far with Tom's performance in VHLM?"

Cookie: "I feel very proud! Tom has shown that he has the ability and will to become a serious player and I hope to see him continue to grow as a player"

Ryan: "What made you decide to sponsor Dufour as your first pick?"

Cookie: "Haha, truth be told I were not sure I would in the first place but a friend of mine convinced me to become a sponsor and give someone a chance to enter VHLM, that same day I looked at Rookies that had yet to debut in an official team and Tom impressed me during the improvised match"

Ryan:  "That friend of yours has helped make Tom's dream to play in an official team come true, have you introduced Tom to your friend?"

Cookie: "Yes they have indeed met and it was right after Tom got drafted into the D.C. Dragons, I could not be more proud than I currently am"

Ryan: "Thank you for the answers, now I would like to ask some questions to the GM and AGM of the Mexico City Kings, then we will immediately get some words from the VHL and VHLE GMs"

Ryan: "We even managed to get in contact with @rory, the GM of Bratislava Watchmen asking him 2 questions, Why he chose to draft Dufour and what he thought of Dufour's performance during his first season in Mexico City Kings"

@rory: 

"We're always looking for the hidden gems in the league, especially players that other teams might have gleaned over in scouting. Dufour only played half the season but their points per game speaks for itself. When a player has raw talent like that we've got to take advantage. Hopefully the full run of training camps with D.C. and us make them a valuable piece for the future."  

After taking a breath, and a sip from his drink, he continues stating:   

"He got picked up late into the M, which is usually worrisome for some players adjusting to the new level. From what we saw, Dufour adapted quickly and was contributing both offensively and defensively. That's an impressive feat for a young player. Just compairing his plus/minus to the team's goal differential.. he's a special player for sure"

Ryan: "That is some promising words coming from the Bratislava Watchmen GM, @rory"   

A slight pause before he ask Tom one final question.      

Ryan: "How does it feel to hear such words spoken about yourself?"

Tom: "I-I can barely believe that it is me he is talking about!"

After taking a deep breath he continues;

Tom: "Not long ago I thought that the idea of being part of an official VHLM team would just be a dream but thanks to Cookie it became a reality...   After these kind words I feel even more pumped up for the next season than I were previously"

Ryan: "And with that we will conclude our interview with the brittish rookie player, Tom Dufour whom have had a strong start to his career, Will he be able to prove himself a top player in the next season?"    ...    "In time we shall know the answer to this question but for now, I am Ryan Johnson and I hope that all of you will have a great year."