The Real Solution to Recruitment

Grape

There has been a lot of talk about Recruitment, both the failures and how to improve upon it. There have been many suggestions, however, nobody has even mentioned the most obvious and simplest one. In the S60s, we grew from a massive recruitment drive, while in the S70s some of the 80s, it was due to Covid. Pretty much everyone had free time since everything was shut down, so why not do a sim league. While there are talks about a large recruitment drive happening this season, what is going to bring us more members in the future? Advertisements can only be done so many times until they are no longer effective, but, what’s something that will always be effective? The answer is simple: Another mass pandemic.

While our recruitment committee has been hard at work planning a YouTube advertisement, me and a group of my colleagues have been busy in the lab, synthesizing an incredibly infective, albeit not very lethal, that once it’s stabilized and tested on all current vaccines to ensure it is not easily and immediately cured, will be released into the wild. I have established ties with the Saudi Arabian government as a liaison for the United States, in which for allowing the virus to be initially released in their country, the United States will establish a favorable trade deal with the Arabian country. Once the virus is released, due to the vast amount of trade going through the country, it will spread rapidly, mainly hitting 1st world countries first and causing a shutdown to start. With that shutdown, comboed with some well placed ads, the VHL will be given a resurgence in members, and the E can go back up to eight teams. Some may struggle and suffer, but that is a sacrifice that I am willing to make.