AI did not write this recruitment guide

Bojovnik

Good day everyone. I haven’t been too active, but I have seen a recent post about the use of AI in point tasks, and how sneaky cheaters have been trying to pull a fast one over on the VHL. I want to approach this theme week point task from a different angle, because to be honest, I don’t know the first thing about recruitment. I’ve never recruited anyone to anything before, so I all I can really do is think about how I would potentially join the VHL. Looking back, I can’t remember how I stumbled on the VHL more than two years ago. Nevertheless, I’m here, and I’m still active.

To write this point task, I asked ChatGPT to name me the top 5 ways to recruit new members to a sim hockey league. However, because we are so anti-CHAT GPT, I’m going to prove why this system is wrong, and how its suggestions won’t help bring new members to the league.

“Social Media Promotion”

Social media promotion. Well it turns out that everyone is doing this these days. How do you fight for a place under the sun when every man and his dog is doing social media promotion. Where do you target? Where is the budget coming from for the adverts (donations are down)? Are we able to generate leads and then convert them into active members? I feel that social media promotion in the end has a super low ROI and doesn’t help the VHL recruitment team meet its stringent KPIS!

“Create a user-friendly website”

The VHL already has a user-friendly website – the VHL portal. I’ve been in multiple sim leagues in the past that haven’t had their own website. Clearly though, if we’re doing a post about recruitment, that means it isn’t going well, so a user-friendly website does not drive new registrations.

“Incentives and Rewards”

Again, the VHL already does this, and it is clearly not working. What rewards do people receive for bringing new members? Maybe if some of the social media promotion budget was put towards this, rather than TPE, it could work. 

“Engage with the Community”

This one doesn’t even deserve a mention. The community is a terrible place. What community are we thinking about? The community that I see in gen chat is not a community at all. What other communities exist? Reddit? Twitter?

“Partnerships and Collaborations”

From what I gather, this has already been done in the past and hasn’t succeeded, so why repeat it? What hockey youtubers are there who even get big traffic? Steve Dangle and Nasher? They have bigger fish to fry. Are we really going to get a lot of members coming from videos that have 1,000 watches? Again, I don’t see this working.

There you go, that is why ChatGPT sucks and you should not use it.

Article Review:  I like this article.  I am not sure I can explain why but it takes two very recent topics and looks at them in an amusing way.  No I think I know what it is, I can be an asshole sometimes and this article flirts with that. Using an AI tool to help fill in information but flipping it on itself to be slightly contrarian is an amusing twist.  Well done.  Maybe to push your point home you should have included AI generated GIF's for each of the titles.  But honestly this was well worth the read exactly how it is.

I give this article a 9/10.  Note that this comment is 100% original, nothing it it was created by AI or stolen from someone else. However I will admit it probably isn't up to standard to share on social media by the recruitment team.