Around the League in 500 words

Scurvy

We have reached just past the mid-point of the season and there is a lot of cool stuff going on.  So for this weeks Around the League in 500 words I figured I’d write about the dominant EU division in the VHL, happenings in the VHLM, and other random things to get me my TPE!

VHL EU DIVISION
As I browse the standings trying to gauge the top teams, I see that the NA has some teams who look solid in the standings.  LA, Toronto, and Chicago are all sitting pretty with winning records.  After that teams are under .500.

In the EU it’s a much different story.  Riga, Malmo, London, Davos, and Helsinki are all neck and neck so it’s anyone’s guess how the EU shakes.  My picks right now are London and Toronto will go on a terror and win their divisions.  

VHLM CHAOS

The VHLM this year seems a little light compared to my first-generation player.  As we have all read in the last few weeks, teams in VHLM are low on players and all the recruitment/retention stuff the theme week addressed. The race to the top team is competitive with a few clubs so let’s chat about that.

Las Vegas has come alive of late and passed Houston and Saskatoon for top spot in their division.  In the East, Ottawa remains on top with a decent lead over Philadelphia, despite Philly having the two top leading scorers in the league. 

The true test will be the trade deadline acquisitions and the up-coming S83 retirees/re-creates that join the league.  That could push some teams over the top but either way it’s going to be a fun playoff.  Prediction -  Philly wins the Founders Cup!!   

To add to the VHLM I’d like to highlight some stats showing some real talent in the league.  In net there is one goalie I’d highlight that has an AMAZING 14 shutouts.  Pipo Popa @npuBeTfrom the Houston Bulls 35-12-3 with a 1.47 GAA and .928 Save percentage.  The 14 shutouts are insane, and he should be up for VHLM goalie of the year.

TOUGH GUYS:

Just an update on the fight card leaders in the VHL.  I love the rough stuff and once again Davos’s Alfred Champagne take the top spot of most iced used on knuckles thus far in the season.  

Alfred Champagne (DAV)- 7 (2 WINS)

John Jameson (PRG)           5

Ryuki Sakamoto (DCD)       5

Jarmo Ruutu (MOS).           4

Ivan Retoslav (LDN)            4

Victor Jensen (MAL)           4

Womp X5 Jr   (NYA)            4

Scotty Sundin (CHI)             3

Daryl Dixon.     (HSK)           3

Phil Strasmore (CGY)           3

Good work fellas…keep it up! 

RIP WHEELER UPDATE

Ok so it’s been a minute since I’ve shamed my buddy Rip Wheeler @ScottyP.  So here goes.  A look in on his stats since his makeover TPE Recall.  At 50 games he has 16g 22a 38pts all career highs.  He is sporting only 26 PIMS and 68 hits so far (a far cry from his 325 last year).  But hey, at least he’s contributing a bit.  A quick look at his update log shows a lot of welfare and only practice facility this week.  Hopefully he took advantage of the theme doubles week, but we will see.  I am excited I am just 1 ½ seasons away from facing him.