Nominating for a Draft (IDEA?)

Berocka

Nominating for a draft.

So, the VHLE is probably most peoples least favourite league and I think I have an idea on how to try and make it a bit more approachable. One of the main things that I think is needed for you to enjoy a season in the VHL is the identity of your player. When you join you choose the team you play for most of the time. This allows you to attach some feeling towards to the team, you then enter the VHLM draft and whilst you might not have as a strong connection to your drafted team straight away you most likely will after a little while. Then comes your next draft and you get drafted to a VHLE and a VHL team in one go. This means not only do you have the issue of joining a new team and not having a strong connection with them to start with you are splitting your identity inside the team in half. You either need to connect with the team that you will be playing with in the upcoming season or you will need to try to connect with the team that you will be playing/apart of for the next three seasons. Now the VHLE teams whilst there are only a handful of them do not have as much seasoned history being the newest league. Where as most of the VHL teams have a huge long history behind them meaning that it is some more history for you to attach an identity to.

What I am trying to say is why don’t we add the option to Nominate for a draft and you can only choose one at a time. You will only ever be playing in one league throughout the season so you don’t really need a VHL team if you are playing in the VHLE.

What are the cons to this idea, well the only ones that I can really think about is the implementation. I don’t know how hard an idea like this would be to implement and if it is too difficult I understand that there is no reason to go about starting the process. The other major con is the complexity it adds, the VHL is a confusing enough place as it is to new players and making them nominate for a draft in their first few seasons will not make this any easier.

But I am curious what do you all think if you had a VHLE team and hadn’t been drafted to the VHL would this make people show more interest in the VHLE would locker rooms be pumping as the VHL GMs would be trying to see who is the most active before they are eligible to draft. I really have no idea if this is or isn’t a good idea but I would rather it be out there in the universe for people to discuss. So discuss away I know that this media spot will not produce any good discussion either way but what can you do.

• Commissioner

The main concern for me is how much of a player’s “lifespan” is based around theirs draft season so there’s a certain level of complexity added if you can delay that. Like it’s still 9 season careers so now we need to make sure that gets set correctly even if you delay your draft and such. 

We could definitely make that work I’m sure it just has the potential for an extra layer of confusion in regard to when a player is forced to retire. It would have to be set as the VHLE season for players who delay and the VHL season for players who don’t, it’s a bit fuzzy.

3 hours ago, Beketov said:

The main concern for me is how much of a player’s “lifespan” is based around theirs draft season so there’s a certain level of complexity added if you can delay that. Like it’s still 9 season careers so now we need to make sure that gets set correctly even if you delay your draft and such. 

We could definitely make that work I’m sure it just has the potential for an extra layer of confusion in regard to when a player is forced to retire. It would have to be set as the VHLE season for players who delay and the VHL season for players who don’t, it’s a bit fuzzy.

It wasn't meant to keep people more interested in the league just somewhat interested in the E

You wouldn't change the players season number just you can delay the VHL draft a season but you still retire 9 seasons after your players season