I play for Moscow, and all I have to show for it is this t-shirt

jRuutu

X2nxkAS.png

Just like Santa Claus when he has done flying around delivering all the gifts, I am sitting here in front of my fireplace and thinking to myself: "What now?". A lot of hard work and effort has led to this moment. I am not wearing any pants, I am thirsty but too tired to get up. However, the difference between myself and Santa Claus is that instead of making countless families laugh and smile, I have participated in making countless families cry. I play for the Moscow Menace.

The organization had its annual Christmas party today in Moscow. I called in sick, but then went on to post myself having the time of my life rollerskating at the local rink. There might be a fine coming later, but I will cross that bridge once I get there. But things were not as joyful and glorious as the pictures on my social media might suggest. As I was skating around the oval-shaped rink, I experienced something new, I had almost an out of body experience. No matter how hard I skated, I was not able to avoid seeing my teammates at the center of the rink. I felt like I was every VHL player in VHL - skating circles around Moscow Menace players.