Bana Blabs #WayneGretzky

Banackock

Bana Blabs #99

Happy Little Girl GIF by Demic

Another Blab brought to you by Talk-to-Text, an easier way to do this. Thanks, Siri. Despite your many, often simple errors. I appreciate you. You have made this easier and I wish I would have given you a try all those seasons ago! 

Severus Targaryen Player Page (Bana's Player)

Seattle Bears Team Page

Bears Discord - General. Come join the fun! That's what the VHL is all about :)

Wow. I can't believe it's already Christmas.. time flies! Tomorrow is my last day in wonderful Brandon, Manitoba. I'm counting down the seconds so I can hop on a plane and head back to civilizations. Course went good! Got 98% on the exam today and was super hyped about that. VHL charity auctions have ended and I honestly was a little bummed about the event this year. Am I allowed to say that without someone thinking something negative about me? Honestly, probably not... I know it's for good and I know we give what we can at this time. Just didn't feel like the other years. Maybe it's because the VHL is quieter. That's a different topic for another article... Maybe the items sucked. League of Legends Skins flew off the shelves again and made something like $800 dollars. IDK if it's legit bids for items or people just tossing in a few $200 donations etc. Either way, while I don't do the League of Legends stuff, it's still going to a good cause. Let's just blab.

• I'm actually a little disappointed the cold plunge got zero attention. I thought it would be a fun little event that the league could get excited about, have some laughs over and really come together to put me through pain. I'm sure some of you don't care for me and would love to see ice water dumped on me on one of the coldest days/nights of our Winter - but fortunately, you all are too kind. I talked it over with my partner and younger brother. I wanted to make a compilation video of a bunch of ice cold plunges, water bucket dumps and crazy, cold stunts etc. Something creative - idk. Something all in the fun spirit of VHL community and coming together to be happy, positive and do some good. $60/250 but $800 for league of legends and $22 for pizza. Big props to @Ricer13 and @Dom. They really tried to hype the charity stuff this holiday season.
  • I do believe Seattle has already made a trade this off-season. Maybe two! It wasn't an easy one. It's still one I'm unsure about fully but that's the nature of the beast. I've thought about it a lot the last few days and am on the fence about whether or not my decision was right. Either way, the returns are good. Just depends what will come of it. Seattle needs some major shake ups and while I don't want to fully tear shit down and do it proper, if you cut corners, you eventually will crash. 
  • Recruitment team is hiring and just in time. S92 draft? Pretty weak. Want my 3rd round picks? Nah. There's more value in a used floss stick. Want my 2nd? Barely a difference. Maybe 22-25 active players. The worst draft we've seen in quite some time. I think for the 93 draft, we could still see some join that class, but that ones looking even worse. Toss that in to a quieter VHL and we're looking at project player 2 again (right, SBA?). What can solve these issues?
  1. Better retention. 
  2. Better, more consistent recruitment. Better recruitment team.
  3. A look into the incentives we offer members for assisting in recruiting. 3 people can't do everything. The wheels drive the bicycle, but without the rest, it's just two separate wheels.
  4. DESTROY the VHLE. I really hate to be on this team. I always meme dunked it, but that's it. It's fine. Going through an extra league before the VHL does take away somewhat from the VHLM and VHL's experience imo, but even worse, it just makes shit drag out more because of it. Tons want to skip it, I'm certain the league is barely full, imo it takes away from turnover and VHL/VHLM rosters, no one likes it and it's just plain ass. The VHL to me is a boat in the water, with numerous holes and the duct tape you apply to stop the water from coming in is the VHLE. It's doing fuck all but slowing down the inevitable and that's sinking. We need to come together, recruitment team and all, give a shit and maintain the hedges a bit. 
Edited by Banackock