Sunday Bullets 12/31

STZ

• Walk of shame, I'm back. After being able to claim 4 TPE a week as VHLM GM, I was slacking on the .COM articles. Now that my job only pays 2 TPE a week, I have to be doing these once again. Truth be told, it was kinda a fun and theraputic way to end every week - so not toally bad.
  • I guess the big news this week for me was during the craziness of the Christmas Holidays I was named GM of the New York Americans. This will be my second tenure with the team after spending five seasons with them, and earning a Top GM Award. I hope to build on my GM win totals, and successfully bring a championship to NY. I made some pretty big moves early swapping the first overall pick (which is going to be a bonafide star) for my player as well as 11th OA. I get my player, a max cap earning player, under my control who fits the NY timeline a little better than an S92 Max Cap Earner. On top of that I think I can secure a really solid piece at 11th OA. 
    • The plan for NYA is to push now, but not go All-In. We acquired Mallaerd from Calgary to shore up our core defense, and we add Analfist to a top line of Davis and Mancini that played out of their minds. Even if we miss playoff, we still have a top six pick to fall back on. With 36W, Rin and Jansen as some really strong building blocks, I think this will be a very interesting GM run for me.
  • I guess the low-hanging wordcount fruit is the big night tonight. Looking ahead to 2024, it's going to be busy. On top of the kids schedule, we are also going down to Cancun in two months to get married. Exciting, but somewhat stressful for two people who don't necessarily enjoy having all the eyes on them! But yeah, Happy New Year VHL!