Elmo Agency Heads South For Next Client

frescoelmo

Elmo Agency Heads South For Next Client

-        Chicago, IL

b70026db-db9b-42e5-86ab-17c066571d32.webp

The conclusion of a Victory Hockey League career is finite, however within its limits allows a player to achieve various levels of success.  Throughout the minor league affiliates, a surplus of counting stats and success is relatively obtainable.  Suddenly, without what feels like a moment of notice, you land on a professional roster with expectations that you will more than likely not achieve in the first season.  But eventually you find your grounding, keep your head up, and hopefully your first contract concludes with an extension; the best situation for both player and team.

Finding a new client as a player-agent is both exciting and frustrating, all the same.  Sixteen teams have sixteen ideas of what they are looking for in the next entry level draft, and it is not likely to be you.  Your power comes in the form of activity, saving up countless practice hours and skating for a bottom-feeder the first few years until you reach the pinnacle of your early career; free agency.  That goes hardly as planned, getting picked up by a team that is ultimately underwhelming and probably was the outcome of better teams not having the financial capacity to offer you that juicy second contract.

So, you continue to play in your prime for a few years, get an accolade or two, and suddenly your skating has regressed.  You are now instantly slower.  What the fuck?  I am 28 years old and I can no longer shoot with my wrist the same way?  Blasphemy?  But Simon doesn’t care about your skating or wrist shot.  Simon needs to eat.

This is my favorite part, the fight to keep regression at bay while simultaneously becoming harder for teams to keep you on their roster.  How much for an old and outdated second-line winger?  No thank you!  You hit free agency yet again, this time superficially begging for an opportunity just to be relevant.  I hope you, the player-agent, has a job in the Victory Hockey League, as that might be the only way your player can keep up any significance as an aging veteran, without burning out reviewing articles.

Steven-Stamkos-Tampa-Bay-Lightning-Montreal-Canadiens-NHL-Stanley-Cup-Final.webp

And thus, we hit the infamous ‘retire player’ button, the hard reset on what was over a year of time externally wasted in real life, for another shot to change the narrative.  For redemption.  As a long-time member of this simulation league, I hit another hard reset with my last client, Malum Maellard, a fun but oft-irrelevant defensive defenseman that seemed to constantly find his way onto underperforming rosters and essentially providing an amplifier.  With Malum’s swan song ironically coming full circle (and certainly not intentionally) for the immediate future after having been traded to New York, the final chapter closes in the same city where it started.

Another opportunity arises at the conclusion of Season 92, with a new winger out of Chile who the Fresco Elmo Agency was delighted to pick up over the holiday weekend.  The valley that corrals the city of Santiago also is proud to host the latest talent signed by Elmo, Forum Content, a burly and quick forward who is excited to give the Agency another chance to deviate from the norm of its previous clients.

• Admin
1 hour ago, frescoelmo said:

bring back 2011

the roman empire of the vhl

the roaring 20s

the swinging 60s

2020 lebron

2015 messi

2017 ronaldo

the good ol days