San Diego's New GM

San Diego’s New GM

Eric Fish

It is an interesting off-season in San Diego seeing as former GM @Arce has officially left his position and now the team is looking for a new general manager. Front office went looking for a suitable new GM for the San Diego Marlins along with the VHLM commissioners. At the same time the commissioners also had to help look for a new GM for the Houston Bulls. Eventually the time had come and the new GM’s would be announced.Houston got a former GM of the Bulls to come back but San Diego found someone new which is Eric Fish. Eric Fish has been a big fan of the Marlins for a while and has been a part of the fan made mock trades. This must have caught the attention of the front office and the VHLM commissioners as now Eric is the general manager for the team. @McGriddy10 is still the assistant gm for the team but now has a new boss. 

Eric Fish had his first Press the next day.

Reporter: “Eric how does it feel to become the new general manager of the San Diego Marlins?”

Eric: It feels great, being a fan of the team for many seasons and now getting the chance to be the GM for the team is great. Hoping to make some great moves for seasons to come.”

Reporter: “How surprised were you to hear that you were selected to be the new GM?”

Eric: I was quite shocked, I know that there were many of great choices that they had to choose from and me having some experience being the former assistant general manager for @N0HBDY the GM Warsaw Predators of the VHL I know have the chance to be the GM for a team a few levels under the VHL gives me a chance to earn more experience and help produce and give people the opportunity to make the big league.”

Reporter: “What are your plans as the GM of the marlins?”

Eric: “My main goals are to give people the chance to become the next best player, give the fans a great team to watch and win a championship or more. S89 was a great season and I remember that like it was yesterday, so if I can recreate that and win a 3rd championship for the franchise then that would be great!”

Reporter: Coming in as a new GM close to the draft, how difficult is that?”

Eric: “It is pretty difficult. You are trying to get used to the new environment but during that time you also have to do some quick scouting and make a plan for the next season in a shorter amount of time than the other GM’s who were there the season before.”

Reporter: “Last question, how good is @McGriddy10 as an AGM?”

Eric: “ @McGriddy10 is a great guy he is definitely going to help me get used to my new position as the GM which is something that is needed being new to that position.”

Reporter: “Well thank you for your time and enjoy your day.”

Eric: “Thanks.”

Draft is coming up very soon and the season starts shortly after that. Let's see what Eric has in store.

523 words

Article Review:

I love a good role play and what better way to start a new position than taking on the part and doing an interview with the press. Well done, I give this article a 10/10, keep up the good work.  Hopefully we will see a number of these types of articles, encouraging the team, announcing roster changes, getting upset at how the team is doing, the refs and many other things that GM usually talk about. As a Marlins Alumni I wish the team al the success they can have.