Wladyslaw Mintus Interview

mintusaurus

Local Media Interview with Wladyslaw Mintus

Q: Hi Wladyslaw, thank you for taking the time to sit with us today. I'll jump right into it. How do you find yourself after playing your first few games of your rookie campaign?

A: Of course, happy to do it, and please, call me Wlad. You know, I had butterflies the whole day before my first game. Once I got in the locker room though, everything kind of started to fall in place. The atmosphere was welcoming and it all helped me settle down. Now, after two games under my belt, the jitters are gone.

Q: What strengths are you bringing with you to the Mississauga Hounds?

A: Well, I think I am somewhat of a big guy, with that, I like to believe I bring a certain grit to the team. I do this by laying the body on my opponents, as well as laying my body down to block shots. I am a defensive minded defensemen, however, I am working on my offensive skills so that I can generate scoring chances while in the offensive zone.

Q: You’re originally from the Detroit area of Michigan. How have you been adjusting to life in the Great White North here in Mississauga?

A: I love Canada. Growing up just across the Windsor border, Once you turned 19, it was a right of passage to take the Ambassador bridge (or the Tunnel) over the Detroit River and have some drinks. The weather here has been similar to back home. Maybe even a bit warmer. Everybody that I’ve met on the street has been incredibly sincere and nice, and all of them are rooting for the Hounds!

Q: Have you gotten up to anything in your free time here?

A: While I have had some free time, it has not been often. I’ve been lucky enough to make some friends on the team and they have shown me around the local areas. Showing me some good restaurants and bars to check out. One of the things that I am looking forward to doing is learning how to Curl. It has always been one of my favorite things to watch during the Winter Olympics, so I would love to find a place to do so.

Q: Speaking of your teammates, how have you been fitting in with the club and your coaches?

A: Everyone has been great, I couldn’t have asked for better teammates. Win or lose we are having a great time. I mean we are living our childhood dreams. But when Coach says it's time to work, the joking around stops and we all get serious. Coach is a great guy, but on the ice, he puts on his work face and expects us to do the same. Off the ice, he acts as a sort of mentor to us younger guys. He’s pretty reserved and is a stickler when it comes to curfews, which at this level, you have to be. 

Q: And what happens if someone were to break curfew?

A: Not that I know from experience, but I’ve seen a few different things. Suicide drills, running the arena stairs, to even team laundry duty.

Q: Well, let’s hope you stay on the right side of curfew then, Wlad. Thank you for taking the time to sit with us for a few minutes, and good luck with the rest of the season.

A: Thank you, anytime. Have a good rest of the day. 

Review 9.5/10

This article looks awesome. I love that you made the questions and answers different colors so it is easy to follow. The color choice is nice as well  The article is an entertaining read and I love the questions you ask your player. The spelling and grammar are nicely done and the formatting is done well. I like it when photos are added to a media spot, makes it look a little cleaner but other than that it was a super solid article. I like the part about crossing the border to have some drinks in Canada, really funny and something many do haha. Good luck on the rest of your season!