All-Star Event - Brawl 4 All

AJW

All-Star games are great. Who doesn't love watching the best players in the league go head to head, run up the score, and then someone wins a car or something. Great stuff, but I have always preferred to watch the All-Star events that occur the day before. Fastest Skater, Hit The Targets, Goalie Shootout... the list goes on and it's cool to see who is the best at each skill. One skill I think we tend to leave in back of our minds is the physicality skill of the game, specifically brutality when two players take off the bucket and gloves to pound the living devil out of each other. Most hockey fans in modern era are starting to walk away from the more common chippy-ness and fighting that hockey birthed only a few decades ago. To bring these brawlers back to life, my new skill event idea is called Brawl 4 All:

How Brawl 4 All works is the best 10 fighters of the league all surround the ice with no buckets or gloves, any other equipment is allowed to be worn (i.e. wearing no jersey or shoulder pads is fair game). Each fighter can skate around and save the stamina, or start finding a dance partner right away to lower the numbers. Fights are only 1 on 1. Once 1 Fighter is left standing, they win the event.

To determine if a fighter has lost a fight and is eliminated:

• Knock Out
  • Saying "Uncle"

Once a fighter has lost and is eliminated, their hand goes up (if not knocked out) and they skate off the ice (like in paintball or airsoft). Remaining fighters may continue to fight or skate around, not touching any fighters who have already been eliminated.

There is a 30 second shot clock. The shot clock will start to tick down when no one is fighting. If the shot clock hits 0 seconds and no fighters have started fighting, the ice will shrink:

• First Shrink: Full Ice -> Neutral Ice
  • Second Shrink: Neutral Ice -> Penalty Boxes

If Penalty Boxes are needed, each remaining fighter is required to enter the penalty box in a sudden death boxing match, winner takes all, last man standing. Same rules to being eliminated are applied, although fights are free for all, NOT 1 on 1.

With this somewhat explained, here are a few players I'd want to see in this event:

(C) John Jameson @Frank - 144 PIMs, 51 Points. Jameson is known as a good two-way forward winning the Boulet in S89 and nominated I don't even know how many times. Jameson currently leads the league in PIMs, they can put the puck in the net, they've tied 6 fights already... I'd like to see how they can stand against some of the best competition.

(LW) Toby Kadachi @ROOKIE745 - In my opinion Kadachi would walk into this event with the biggest chip on his shoulder. Kadachi is 0-2 in fights through his sophomore season and the Seattle Bears stink right now. I could easily see this young talent flying around with red in his eyes just taking this season's anger out on others.

(C) Randy Bobandy - My player! I'm not shocked to see my burger guzzling centreman with 2 wins under his belt this season already in the fight department. Bobandy did tie a fight this season too so the guy isn't unbeatable. With an above average season so far in Calgary, Bobandy will definitely want to find a partner or two to dance with and have some fun. If the Penalty Boxes are required the fists will be swinging in every direction surely.

Edited by AJW