Writer's Block

Victor

• Admin

I hate it when I don't have a good idea for a 2 TPE article at the start of the week – just means I need to hope something comes into my head throughout the week that I can ramble on about for a bit. Alas, that has not happened. I've already spoken about the potential draft destinations in S93. There's not much to say about San Diego or Del Rocco – we're all doing OK as the regular season winds down. Nothing interesting has captured my eye in the HOF or this season's HOF discussions, there's no juicy drama around the league.

Of course in weeks like this I could easily say some nonsense in the team press conference which somehow is the same amount of TPE despite a lot fewer words being needed. Sadly one of the six questions in this week's PC asks me what I thought about San Diego's trade deadline moves and I genuinely have no idea what we did other than there's a bunch of people I don't know in the locker room now. Writing this light complaint is a lot easier than actually looking into that any further.

Fear not, I don't actually have writer's block when it comes to the more important stuff. I just drafted my new 4-week Media Spot to drop tomorrow – it's possibly one of the dumbest things I've put in a Media Spot so watch out for that. Anyway, that should do it for now, bring on the playoffs and some storylines to latch onto!

3 hours ago, Victor said:

other than there's a bunch of people I don't know in the locker room now.

Start meeting people. Too much of a problem in the VHL these days where its all portal and forums only no more interaction!

3 minutes ago, Hogan said:

Start meeting people. Too much of a problem in the VHL these days where its all portal and forums only no more interaction!

Forums are (or were) the superior interaction because you didn't have to actually be there at the time to contribute to the conversation.

The good old article about how you don't have any ideas that just ends up being 150 words of talking about how you have no ideas. I'm guilty of the same often enough.

I love press conferences when they ask fun questions and I find that I usually write more than 150 words when they do. Of course this isn't universal but I think it can be nice to have a reason to talk about one thing or another that I otherwise never would have thought of.

• Admin
29 minutes ago, Gustav said:

The good old article about how you don't have any ideas that just ends up being 150 words of talking about how you have no ideas. I'm guilty of the same often enough.

We're in trouble only when we run out of words, not ideas

29 minutes ago, Gustav said:

I love press conferences when they ask fun questions and I find that I usually write more than 150 words when they do. Of course this isn't universal but I think it can be nice to have a reason to talk about one thing or another that I otherwise never would have thought of.

Yeah usually have no issue with blabbering on in them and going off on a tangent but my GM wasn't accommodating this week 😠