My Random VHL Thoughts - S92 - Part 7

• So, it's the off-season for me. Waiting for the Junior Showcase Tournament to start, which I think it does shortly? The tournament seems like a good idea just to have more games to look forward to and maybe to teach/allow another member on simming.
  • Is re-creating at the trade deadline too advantageous? One of the old ideas I proposed in the BoG (stolen straight from PBE) was the idea of "catch up" TPE. Previously someone who created after the trade deadline only had the default amount of TPE or carry over TPE. We then added catch up TPE (pretty sure it's half of the total possible capped TPE since the trade deadline?) but I would proposal changing that to 100% of the amount. Yes, this means a new create could end up with more TPE than someone who created the week before, but that's on the previous member for not "capping" rather than punishing the new player for not creating at the opportune time.
  • Two weeks until the trade deadline - Flyers better start selling!

• Weekly reminder for @eaglesfan036 to earn TPE and update his player.
  • Daily reminder for @eaglesfan036 to install Helldivers 2.

• Commissioner
38 minutes ago, Fire Tortorella said:

Is re-creating at the trade deadline too advantageous? One of the old ideas I proposed in the BoG (stolen straight from PBE) was the idea of "catch up" TPE. Previously someone who created after the trade deadline only had the default amount of TPE or carry over TPE. We then added catch up TPE (pretty sure it's half of the total possible capped TPE since the trade deadline?) but I would proposal changing that to 100% of the amount. Yes, this means a new create could end up with more TPE than someone who created the week before, but that's on the previous member for not "capping" rather than punishing the new player for not creating at the opportune time.

The thing is that makes being around and earning ahead of time completely pointless. Congrats, you put in the max amount of work and nailed that cap every single week and your reward is to have exactly the same amount of TPE as someone who just got here. Missed half a week at some point? Well you get even less than the person who just joined.

I think 6 per week is a good middle ground. It offers something so they aren’t just left completely in the dust but it’s still not completely demoralizing to those who have actually been earning.  It’s the same amount someone would get if they just take welfare and PF.

I do fully disagree with the idea of giving out a free 12, but I don't mind agreeing with the motivation for that. Part of me is intrigued by the idea of doing catch-up tasks--perhaps someone could earn at least some stuff back that they previously wouldn't have had any opportunity to by doing things that would otherwise have been claimed in other weeks.

I don't even fully like that because I think it introduces some real discussions about burnout and hitting new players with too much at once, but it could also be a valid counterpoint that we do run into people every now and then who absolutely would do that and let it shape them into a more involved member, faster.

I'd have to think about whether or not I actually want that, but I think it's at least interesting.