A media spot on Media Spots

JCarson

The need for media spots 

There have been several conversations recently in a variety of forums about methods for earning TPE. One that spoke to me was a discussion about trivia and how disconnected it can feel. Now this is not an article trying to attack trivia, I know many that do it and prefer it over writing, I personally don’t. I find it takes too much time and sometimes the questions just make so little sense to me that I would rather choose a different option. 

So now I come to the real reason for my article. Currently our reviewing rules indicate to do a review it needs to be on a media spot, I suspect that is so there is enough content within the article to have the reviewer form an opinion and be able to provide some level of constructive criticism or rebuttal to what is written. Fine I can accept that as a logical part of the process, although I will note that I have seen many articles that have good in-depth points that could be discussed in a review. 

So, if media spots are required to do a review, then I am going to note that it feels like (I haven’t actually counted) that the volume of them has diminished recently. That coupled with the fact that I like to give positive, encouraging reviews has sometimes made it difficult. We all know this, but some media spots are just terrible (I apologize to the approvers who must read those) I try to avoid those and search to find ones that can be given some positive comment and a good score.  

How can you all help me, please write more media spots. I am not looking for professional level work but please try to string a few sentences together in a coherent thought I don’t care if it is pure opinion or an analysis of some data you have pulled from the depths of the system.  

So, to assist I am going to provide some ideas generating topics that people can write about. Hope you can have fun with these ideas. 

2. 1) For Team GM’s you can do a weekly analysis of the TPE earning of your team

3. 2) For players new to a team, you can do a media series on your players getting to know the city, you can do a discussion on restaurants in the city, nightlife, tourist and cultural attractions, make it a learning experience for the rest of us. 

1. 3) For those who are first generation players do a discussion on your process of learning the system, what are the difficult parts, what would help. 

1. 4) For people who have been around for a long time, provide us with histories of certain time periods, what was the most memorable moment between season 40 and 49. 

1. 5) To someone on the Board of Governors, could you draft an article to explain to the rest of us what you actually do. Please. 

So here are a few ideas to help you get started, some are one off things, others could last you for an entire season. Some could be great theme weeks. Honestly can you imagine the pictures that could be created on the topic of what does the BOG do. Anyway, please everyone can we have more media spots. 

• Admin
21 hours ago, JCarson said:

For people who have been around for a long time, provide us with histories of certain time periods, what was the most memorable moment between season 40 and 49. 

I think people are sick of this from me tbh

2 minutes ago, Victor said:

Not everyone, I have learned some interesting things looking at articles on prior seasons. 

• Admin
Just now, JCarson said:

Not everyone, I have learned some interesting things looking at articles on prior seasons. 

I will try to keep providing educational material for you, but I am limited by only having to write something every 4 weeks 😅

6 hours ago, Victor said:

Nope, I love those types of articles since they provide a great in depth look at the past from so one that lived it. Like talking to a WWII veteran about his experiences; they never get old!! 

7 hours ago, Victor said:

I will try to keep providing educational material for you, but I am limited by only having to write something every 4 weeks 😅

We should be able to review every 500 words of your work lol