Cooking Up Fresh Ideas

Hello everyone,

I guess it's been awhile. A lot of you may not know me, but I was a very active member from late 2019 until late 2021, when I had to step back and prioritize my personal life and studying. Since I have returned, I have been wondering what to do as far as content, as I really enjoy the scouting aspect of the VHL and I hope to get back to making content surrounding it. 

I am thinking about maybe bringing back my draft profiles series that I did from S70 to S72, except with some tweaks to make it fresh and new. That series is what first gave me a sense of purpose in the VHL community, and it seemed that people really enjoyed them. Looking ahead, I would definitely be open to bringing back the draft profiles.

Another possibility is some in-depth coverage for the VHLM, looking at individual teams and the prospects they have that could become VHL stars. For example, I could look at the Miami Marauders, look at the TPE earning of their players, as well as their leading scorers, and then maybe interview a player or GM/AGM to ask about the future of certain players and the team as a whole.

Other than those two ideas, I'm still trying to think of other possibilities, and I am 100% open to any suggestions. Hopefully I'll get back to draft-related content soon, and hopefully you guys will tune in :) thanks for listening to my ramble.

What's up dude! I'll never forget an old signing of mine 😉

I remember draft profiles and I'd certainly welcome some promo for the best of the leagues this website has to offer. I've had my own level of success with writing a series as well and I'm wishing you the best should you decide to pick that back up.

Scouting is always a wonderful go-to for articles, and so is anything that lets you look at every team briefly and say something about them. Best player on every team, best trade idea for every team, every team's hottest prospect, whatever you'd like. I'm also a huge fan of league history--there's an endless supply of stuff on our forum that most people here weren't here to experience. Way back in the day @Matt_O was super dedicated to his Rewind series with VSN and it was great.

You don't really need ideas to write articles, though. I used to do a graphic when I couldn't think of anything; these days I fall back on a series installment most of the time and cover individual topics when they're of interest. Glad to see you back!