Hello Davos!

:dav:

Davos, Switzerland -- Leading up to the draft, former Houston Bulls forward Antonia Bucatini felt good, but not secure. After all, she had conversations with HC Davos Dynamo, the first pick in the draft, conversations she felt good about. But at the same time, she didn't have a guarantee from the franchise, and she had talked with Seattle, Riga, and even Prague and New York, just in case. Would Bucatini go first, or would she fall in the draft?

Ultimately, it was meant to be: Davos took Bucatini first overall, becoming a centerpiece player in the team's rebuild. And talking to Bucatini after the draft, she couldn't be happier, both with the team and her new teammates.

"This is a place I not only know some people, but I know they're going to do what it takes to win. That jives with me," Bucatini said. "I'm not really here for awards or any of that. I want titles, something my agency hasn't had since Season 61 - also with Davos, it turns out. We're ready to win once again."

There's also another positive factor at play in Bucatini's mind: A longer rebuild could actually be a good thing. All along, she said, she wants to be at her peak near the end of her career, particularly around the exciting seasons of S100 and S101.

"Did you know my agency's never spent an entire career with one team? That's crazy," she added. "Maybe Davos will be the first. I'd like that. And I like the group we've got here to do some damage on a prolonged basis as I'm going into my prime. We're just getting started, but it feels like the Dynamo have got something cooking."