Final season but off to best start

Greg_Di

Henry Eagles had a 3 game Seattle debut to remember. The former 1st round pick had fans on their feet for his first 3 games as a bear by picking up 8 points, 6 of those goals, in his Seattle debut. He also managed to score a hat-trick in his second game. 

After the first set of VHL games, Henry leads the league in points and goals. 

"It's early and I know I won't be able to keep up this pace and probably won't finish at the top in points and goals but it was a great start for sure" Henry said " The hat-trick was also great, haven't had a lot of those in my career"

Rumours has it that the GM did not tell the team the lineup or even had any set lines, players were asked to form their own lines and they just went with it. Nobody on the Bears have confirmed or denied this but regardless of what the situation was, the lines seemed to click. 

"I don't know where those rumours were formed, I mean we had our lines set, I just don't know if those were the intended lines or not but regardless I found instant chemistry with Severus Targaryen and we just played like we have been playing together for years. If these lines were not the right lines I just hope we can stay on the same line together." Henry continued " It was definitely a great start here in Seattle and hopefully we can keep on winning"

This has been Henry's best start to as season in his career so far and the Bears fans can't get enough. Eagles jerseys have been flying off the shelf when he was signed and after this performance to start the season the Bears will be raking in the money in merchandising sales.

" When you have a start like that, the fans will want to buy all your merchandise and right now Henry merchandise is just printing money " the Bears commercial director said " His contract has been paid off in the first week of the season, we hope he can continue playing like this for the rest of the season as ill be able to retire early if that's the case!"

Before the free agency period the Bears were outsiders looking in at the playoffs but with what they have shown very early this season, they might be looking more like contenders.

" I know the media likes to hype everything up but it has only been 3 games, there is still a lot of hockey to be played" Henry says " Anything can happen between now and the end of the season so let's not get ahead of ourselves. We need to keep focusing one game at a time and if we get into the playoffs then we can cross that bridge when we get there"

In the end, winning the Eagles sweepstakes seems to be paying instant dividends for the Bears and might elevate the Bears back into playoff contenders.