Recreate at TDL or end of season?

So as we all know ( and as @samx is gleefully anticipating), this is Jesse Teno's last season and I have been asked the question whether I will be recreating at TDL or at the end of the season. And so I pose to you, members of the VHL, the question of what you think the pros and cons are of both. I still don't fully understand how it works other than I have max carryover of TPE. So tell me; what do you see as the benefits and pit falls of the recreate options?

Essentially the difference is which player you want the TPE you earn in those weeks to go on. Recreating at the TDL Allie’s you to gain as much TPE as possible on your next player.

My opinion would be to create at the TDL because that'll give you the best chance for the new player going forward. Unless you think the amount of TPE you'll earn before the end of the season will be significant to your team's playoff push and for the playoffs, create the new player as early as possible. I'm not sure how many weeks are between the TDL and the end of season, but it might be negligible to the current player's success anyway

I'm going all the way to the end but I am not recreating right away so its the easy choice.  That TPE leaderboard would be pretty cool.  I'd say if you don't plan to max earn on your next player, ride it out with Teno.

2 hours ago, aimkin said:

So as we all know ( and as @samx is gleefully anticipating), this is Jesse Teno's last season and I have been asked the question whether I will be recreating at TDL or at the end of the season. And so I pose to you, members of the VHL, the question of what you think the pros and cons are of both. I still don't fully understand how it works other than I have max carryover of TPE. So tell me; what do you see as the benefits and pit falls of the recreate options?

If you want a swing at 1OA for your new player, you are better off recreating at TDL. 

TDL gets you higher TPE; start of season gets you drafted and back in the system sooner.

Honestly it used to mean a lot more to recreate at the deadline back when we didn't have catch-up TPE or...other things. The main TPE-maxing decision these days is the choice of how much time you want to spend in the E 🙄 which I have a lot to say about. 

I think the good thing is that you're probably good with whichever one makes you happy. There are different experiences for different people and neither one will wreck your career.

--

However, the main reason why lots of people create at the start of the season is to keep a (retired) player in the VHL while someone new gets past the initial development stages and gets drafted as soon as possible. With this already being Teno's last season, and the league past that point, I think it's more worth your time to go for the deadline unless you really hate our development leagues.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/24/2024 at 10:18 AM, aimkin said:

You get an extra playoffs potentially by doing it at TDL and get a few extra weeks to earn TPE. I also like experience folks like you creating at the TDL to get a another face in the LR to increase that activity for the noobies and help hype them up for the playoffs and stuff. I can see an argument to wait until end of season would be to avoid getting graphics for your waiver choice location and then getting drafted to a different team but up to you!