Blaine Olynick Wants You To Shut Up

AwfulHomesick

Following a surprising Season 40 from Blaine Olynick and the Cologne Express, the days after their sweep at the hands of the Riga Reign, they've had some time to collect their thoughts.

Blaine Olynick in particular has taken a step back to see what happened with his first place Express team that exceeded regular season expectations this year.

After breaking single season team records in wins and goals against average, Olynick believes that the naysayers of his halted development of the last few seasons can now take a step in the backseat. "I've had this battle with the media covering the VHL, with them saying I'm never going to be good enough take this team to a Cup. This playoff run is a roadblock on the long drive we've had for the last few years. As a team, we've got all the right pieces to make history in this city. I'm only just getting started".

Does he speak with good reason? Now being considered one of the more veteran starting goalies of the league, Season 41 seems like it will be a season where Olynick will have a fighting chance against other elite netminders like Wahl, Szkatkowski Jr., and Brookside.

At least there's this: Olynick > Salo ;)