Wolves Shake Up Roster

Wolves Shake Up Roster

Over the last couple of days the Vancouver Wolves have made some surprising moves on the trade front, shaking up their roster and bringing in future draft picks in a bid to bolster their future lineup.

In exchange for defenseman Liv Slater, Vancouver acquired a pair of first round picks in the S94 draft (S94 WAR and S94 MOS). While Slater's departure leaves a void on the blue line, I would guess that the Wolves' front office believes that the acquisition of additional draft picks will offer flexibility in reshaping the team's roster and addressing areas of need.

Furthermore, Vancouver engaged in a separate trade with Calgary, sending veteran defenseman Jens Lekman and veteran forward Larry Abass Jr along with their S95 VAN second and third-round picks to the Wranglers in exchange for Thor Odinson and a first-round pick in the S94 CGY draft.

While the start of the season has been disappointing for Vancouver fans, these moves will allow their younger players a chance to shine and provide the front office additional assets to build around the young core.

7 hours ago, Velevra said:

In exchange for defenseman Liv Slater, Vancouver acquired a pair of first round picks in the S94 draft (S94 WAR and S94 MOS). While Slater's departure leaves a void on the blue line, I would guess that the Wolves' front office believes that the acquisition of additional draft picks will offer flexibility in reshaping the team's roster and addressing areas of need.

Travelling April Fools GIF

Go back and see who posted the trade announcement and than look at the conditions of the trade!!!

I am sorry!! We didn`t trade Liv Slater @Subject056 to Moscow for a two 1st round picks as Slater is a big part of the team moving forward and it was just a little poke of fun at Spartan and the Captains cruse while creating a Aprils Fools day joke!! Sadly I think I caught more than a few since the post actually came early in NA due to my location and my horrible time zone conversion skills.

I also caught @Triller, @Subject056, @VattghernCZ and @Josh!! LOL!!