Looking back at my players, part 2

Last week I ended this .com miniseries talking about Christoph Klose, the player who always fell just a hair behind Lord Karnage when it comes to individual recognition.

Next was Essian Ravenwing, the Welsh centerman. Similar to Casey Jones, who I will get to next, chemistry was hit and miss, but by the end of his career he got himself a Championship and had multiple 100+ point seasons, so not much to complain about there. My only regret is not having the time to fully flesh out his story, which I thought started super strong, with him being the descendent of the actual Prince of Wales.

Chemistry seemed to always be an issue with Casey Jones, where I roleplayed the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles character. He started his VHL career really strong, winning top defenseman and top rookie after a 100 point season, if I recall correctly, but kind of petered out after that.  

From there I went to The Terrible Trivium, who was the first ever selection by the London United, which is something I'm proud of. Triv was a roleplay of the Demon from "The Phantom Tollbooth", an excellent children's book full of tremendous puns. Unfortunately being on an expansion team limited his success, but he spent his whole career there and I'm glad he did.

Finally was Ryuji Sakamoto, a roleplay of the Persona 5 character. I intended him to be a physical fighter, a hothead with a bad attitude, but I also wanted him to be a useful defensive player. The jury's out on how that ended up.

As I wrap this up, it occurs to me that Ravenwing is the only "VHL Original" character I've done before Shevchenko. I hope Shev can live up to that standard, and maybe even achieve top billing.