Nicks Picks Is Back

I bet y'all missed my ramblings about which teams are the best, or which players are the best where I give heavy favoritism to the teams I'm on, ranking them higher than they rightfully should. And I'm now back and ready to be an active menace to the league once more, and absolutely disappoint you like my grandfather is of my alcoholic father. So without further ado, let's get this absolute weed filled rant about the league started. Today your supreme leader Nick is going to rank teams in the VHLM who I believe to be the top 5 contenders for a cup, based off a glance. I also want to preface that this is all surface level analysis and sensationalist writing meant to trick you into thinking it's controversial.

5. Philadelphia Reapers :phi:

70 gp, 29W 29L 12OTL

This team is pretty interesting to me, a completely .500 team with only 6 real players, knowing the sim gods they'll sweep Ottawa in the first round somehow.

If only this team had more real players especially considering they're managed by the legendary @Lemorse7, someone I have a lot of respect for.

He's somehow wiggled this team into a playoff position, and that's actually incredibly impressive to me. I know that I don't know much about anything at all ever, but what I do know is that the sim gods could absolutely hand this team a series and even potentially a cup.

4. Las Vegas Aces :veg:

70 gp, 38W 26L 6OTL

Would you look at that, we still have the old Aces logo! What a throwback, side note I remember when we were all voting on a rebrand of the Aces, good times.

I was tempted to put Vegas as the number one team on the rankings, just to piss off Ottawa and Halifax players/fans. But I would be wrong to do such a thing, even though I know we're going to win the cup with very little difficulty, considering I've sacrificed my first born child for a Vegas cup win.

This team is interesting to say the least, super star Pombo @samx leading this team to a deep run with star center Nicholas Sunderbruch Jr at his side and the amazing Chuck E Cheese the best defenseman in the league, this team should surely be a threat come playoffs. The only reason they're at number 4 is because of recent struggles, probably due to Sunderbruch unable to lay off that sticky green herb before games.

3. Houston Bulls :hou:

70 gp, 45W 21L 4OTL

The best team in the West at the moment and probably the only REAL contender from the west at this point in time, playoffs could change that, you never know.

But a team loaded with solid and superstar players on both ends of the ice, this team is a real threat entering the VHLM playoffs.

Only one defensive player under 200 TPA, and a maxxed goalie, along with wingers and centers that could very well hit 200 before the playoffs, this team is not to be trifled with.

The sheer talent on this roster, anything but a cup appearance should be considered a failure of a season, but unfortunately the sim gods could very well just say "sike" and have them swept in the first round, you truly never know. But until then I'm high on this team for sure.

2. Ottawa Lynx :ott:

70 gp, 49W 13L 8OTL

Some might argue that the Lynx should be the number one pick on this board, and the standings would agree with you. This team is most likely to win the cup, lets be real. Star players and some future hall of famers on this team for sure, and yet I still think that this team might just fall short of it all in the end, and for Ottawa players I surely hope that isn't the case, especially considering I have a history with this team on my last player The Red Menace, when we won the founders cup together several years ago. Any team with @Dilon it is surely a contender in my eyes (I missed you buddy). And I fear for any team that gets to face off against them in the coming days. Surely a team to look out for, probably league favorites.

Are you ready for number one? The best team in the league? The team I predict to win it all?

Well are you? Be honest with me, I'll know if you're lying.

I mean it, be ready for this.

1. LAS VEGAS ACES :veg:

SIKE I BAITED YOU! Did you really think I would ever count out this storied franchise? They have the best player to ever grace the face of the earth on the team, Nicholas Sunderbruch Jr, a center with a chip on his shoulder and a lust for competition. No team that plays the Aces will stand a chance, in fact they're going to sweep the entire playoffs, winning every game by double goal margins. I'm talking 15-1 scores, 11-0, and the sort. Vegas is a powerhouse, we've merely been tanking the last few days as a way to rest up and get ready for the playoffs, seeding doesn't matter for this brickwall of a team, all that matters is getting into the tourney and playing for the greatest trophy in minor league hockey. May god save anyone who has to face off against this team.

And with that I'm going to end this newest return of Nicks Picks, I hope you all enjoyed reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it. May your nights be amazing and I hope you find happiness. Anyways I hear my dad coming home from the bar, I need to go grab my helmet and jockstrap. Stay warm and stay icey, seacrest out.

On 4/23/2024 at 9:22 PM, NickSunderbruch said:

Any team with @Dilon it is surely a contender in my eyes (I missed you buddy).

who r u